i think i heard somewhere that you can plug your guitar into the line in port on a computer if you get a 1/4" to 1/8" converter to record. if so can u use your pc like an amp with a program or something? if im way off could you suggest how i could do it? i dont really want to spend alot of money on it but id be interested in knowing how to do it.
The adapter is $4 at RadioShack.
Get a program like n-Track and you can demo it for free, but past that you have to pay. I don't know of any free programs, and if there are any, I would like to know. =D
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
line 6 has a program that does that for around $100.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
I used a 1/8 cord and put a 1/4 end on it and plugged my guitar into my sound card... worked great. Fired up that "Guitar FX Box" program and it was actually pretty cool.
Quote by iSHREDonGUITAR
ok so it works but what does it do? is it just for recording?

Yeah. You record, then you can usually use the program to edit the sound. Add effects, loop parts, change pitches...anything.
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
wavepad isnt that bad of a recording program. You can add effects like reverb and echo. free too. just google it.
.::/ make a sound /::.
Have a search for a program called "GuitarFX", i used to use that through my PC and it was pretty good; mainly because it allowed you to record the guitar with any of the effects applied in realtime (as an mp3 file).
Although do note that is doesn't sound as good as an amp and the sound from it really depends alot upon your sound card and your speakers.
Hope this helps!
Gear:
>ESP LTD FX-400SM
>LAG Jet JM100 with Swineshead Venom (bridge) and Warthog (neck) pickups
>EHX Bigg Muff Pi
>BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone
>Epiphone Valve Standard (Class A 15Watt)
"audacity" also free, and records and has effects.

thats the adapter.

and it will go into ur line or mic in.
if u mic in, then be sure to unmute the mic.
ull also need some sort of soundcard in ur computer.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Get Guitar Rig 2. Brilliant software. 500 $ brand new with a midi pedal and wah. 0 $ brand new without a midi pedal and wah through torrents.

Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.