Alright, here's the deal, I have about 500 bucks to spend on a guitar. I'm looking for something with a more wild shape. Well, I was searching on musiciansfriend.com and I found a maker called B. C. Rich. They had the kind of crazy designs I'm looking for. They dont have the pickups I wanted, I want EMG active 81/60's. But my local guitar store sells EMG 81/60's for abot 200 bucks.

So, before I make my desicion I have a few questions. What would a good model be? I play metal, and I have very large hands and like X Jumbo frets, and am looking for something without a tremolo and with 24 frets. Also, is B.C.Rich a trusted manufacturer? If not, what would a good guitar be with all of those things I mentioned, that either has or I could install EMG active pups and it would sound good. I'm looking for something 300-400 bucks, with crap humbuckers that could be replaced, or 500-600 with EMG's. And I also want the guitar to be black or black cherry.

Is this to picky of a guitar, or does anyone have some good recomendations.

Thanks,
-pHaKe
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Make sure the guitar is made of quality wood. Low end B. C. Riches are made of agathis or plywood. Routing may be required to install the active pickups.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
If you have $500, go for it, any of the models in the price range are good, as long as you don't buy any of the Bronze Series. I think the Platinum Series are in that range, if not the NJ Series are good. B.C Rich mekes really good guitars, as long as they aren't Bronze series or made of Agathis you should be set.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
alright, thanks guys.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
The only one I'd consider would be that Mockingbird. I've actually heard quite a few good comments on them.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-Platinum-Virgin-Electric-Guitar?sku=510792, how would that one be for my style. Would It also sound good with EMG's for later on when I have the money? But, would that be a good guitar that would be able to be played, changed tunings, and used 3-5+ hours a day for the next two-three years?

Thanks,
-pHaKe
I have never heard of chesswood. Ever. I know quite a bit about wood, but I've never heard of chesswood. I'd be wary of it, unless someone else can give more info on the guitar.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
If you want a good guitar with a crazy shape I would recommend the ESP LTD AX series, awesome guitars, esp the AX400. Try that. The BC Riches aren't to be trusted, they can end up being top heavy which is a price you pay for that cool shape.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
Actually, the Mockingbird Bronze Series is pretty nice, my friend has one, and it's pickups are good, the neck is fast and the body isn't that heavy. I've never played a Platinum, but I know from experience the Bronze series aren't that bad.

And if the bronze is cheaper, you could get one of those, route it out for the EMGs and just do that. itd probably be a little cheaper too.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
i have a bronze warlcok with a pup upgrade....look in my sig for details...lol
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Bronze series are normally hit and miss, although they're made from the same wood some just feel better than others, my other guitarist uses a warlock and the neck on it is gorgeous, the only thing i dont like is the fact that the platinum series are pretty much exactly the same as the bronze series just really overpriced, as for the chesswood i have no idea.......you could try them with EMG's and if you dont like them you can just try and not make a loss by selling them on Ebay
Just to throw in another suggestion, you could check out jackson, they make some wild stuff like the warriors. here;

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-WRXT-X-Warrior?sku=512240
warrior.wild looking, but no EMG's though, ~$500
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DXMGTSP-HT-DINKY-Electric-Guitar-with-EMGs?sku=512245
dinky. not so wild looking, no real EMG's, but in your pricerange to swap out. (~350)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DXMB-X-Electric-Guitar?sku=512239
another dinky. ~530, EMG 85/81
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-JS30WR-Warrior?sku=511565
another warrior, ~300 no emg's, but in your range to upgrade.

if you can cough up a little more, you might wanna check out the Rhoads V's, they're pretty sweet. But for wild body shape, can't beat the warrior.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
Last edited by PapaDelicious at Jun 19, 2006,
the BC Rich NJ series is great.. I played an NJ Bich at GC and it was good, but a little uncomfortable sitting down. Id save up the extra $200 and get the NJ Mockingbird, those are damn nice.
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
alright, well It seems i wont get the B.C platinum virgin, since it's uses chesswood, and no one has said anything good about that yet. I looked intot the jacksons, they were nice, but not what I was looking for. Thanks anyway, though. The ESP LTD AX-400 seems like a pretty good choice at this point, but would it be good to play sitting down? It looks like it could, and I usually practice sitting down. Also, I could probably just wait out the extra two hundred, or even get a loan from my dad.

I actually have an ESP right now, but since it has a floyd rose, I'm getting rid of it and am going to buy a new one. I actually was looking at ESP's first, then Schecters, but the one's with all of the things that I wanted were just a little out of my range. They were 600-800 (USD), I could probably buy one of those, after I convinced my dad that spending the extra money was worth it.

I was looking into all of the 400's from ESP. I was origionaly going to buy the EC-400, but people say it had a very hard time staying in tune properly. Then I looked into the Viper, it was good, but just seemed kinda plain. Might actually look into it again, though. Then, I was set on buying the ESP F-400, the step up from the guitar that I have now, and for some reason. I wasn't allowed, a perfect guitar.

Does anyone have any good recomendations of an ESP guitar, then. Since the B. C. Rich guitars are used with low-end wood, I would want to use my only guitar money for a few years on them. Either higher end ESP, without a floyd rose. Or maybe a Schecter, I looked into the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, and it seemed pretty nice.

Thanks again.
I've heard good things about both the higher-end ESP's and good things about the Hellraiser as well. I'm sure either would be a great guitar for you.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
cool, thanx xenn.