anyways, now that ive got your attention you sick perv, i play a lot of nu-metal, metal/hard core stuff and the problem of an amp came about. im usin my brothers krappy KUSTOM amp, which really can be classified as a BK, or boner killer. in short, IT SUX. too much feedback, the gain factor is terrible, the only way to get a good crunch sound is to turn it all the way up, but then the feedback kicks in and you can barely make out the notes, palm mutes mean nothing with this monster! i wus lookin for a new one and i narrowed it down to to, a marshall or a peavey, i heard however that marshalls are used more for a "cleaner" sound. now my couzin has a marshall and plays the same stuff as me, but he has a massive collection of pedals and sorts. now the peavey xxx sounds really good, but will cost more than twice as much (near 2grand) as the marshall, not includin the pedals. so would the peavey bee a good match, or should i get the muh muh muh marshall?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
marshalls kick ass, they're more versatile and they really can do the metal ****, i have one. but you should check out line 6 too.
line 6 spiders are amazing i have one and the insane mode is amazing and with thick strings it sounds very professional
for hardcore and nu metal many people use Peavey 6505s or 5150s but these amps are pretty dark and bassy so i dont know if you want that, but what marshall are you looking at? a DSL? marshalls have okay cleans and are known for their crunch, they can also get a good metal tone especially when boosted with an OD pedal, pedals arent needed though for metal, try them both out if you can as they are both good depending on what marshall you looking at

he is looking at 2 grand tube amps, why would he want one of the most digital sounding $200 solid state peice of crap a person can buy (line 6 spider 2)
Last edited by Teleprompters at Jun 19, 2006,
I thought Line 6 Spiders sounded really digital, but that's just my opinion.
"When ignorance reigns, life is lost."

Teh Space
marshall mghx100 (100 watts im guessin) or sumthin like that, and the peavey xxx 412 (probably slanted) and the matching head (400 watt cab., 120 wat head). i plan on gettin the peavey unless convinced otherwise...
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
^Dude. Are you serious? The Line 6 Spyder II is one of the worst amplifiers out there that is CONSTANTLY being suggested. If you want a Line 6, get a Flextone II/III, HD147 or Vetta.

However, on XXX: it's a bright sounded amp. It has plenty of gain, but if you want a dark tone, such as that many nu-metal/metal artists use, you may want a different amp. Check out a Peavey 5150/6505 combo. They're quite affordable on ebay.

For a stack, check out the Laney GH-50L head. It's the 50 watt version of Paul Gilbert's signature GH100L. Tons of gain, great metal tones. I got mine off ebay in great condition for $400USD.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
yea don't get a line 6 spider , they sound fake, i have one and regret it. I would go with Preavy though cause they can give out some really good distortion. My friends got a Peavy practice amp and it sounds amazing, I can only imagine how good the more expensive ones might be.
Schecter C-1-XXX - Seymour Duncan Jazz/Invader
Schecter A-1 - EMG 81/81
Schecter S-1 - EMG 81/85
Titan Custom Fernandes Ravelle Style

Peavy G-150
Line 6 Spider II 30

Line 6 Constrictor
Digitech Death Metal Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
ok well u guys have convinced me on the 6505's, thx a bunch
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood