ive been looking at 5 strings, and ive seen warwick makes really good 5 strings. Is the warwick corvette rockbass a good bass, and can people who have it tell me the pros and cons of the bass.
im gonna put it this way:

when it comes to my SR505 vs. a Warwick STANDARD corvette (the 1300 dollar CDN one), i prefer my 505 for a few reasons:

1) 3 band EQ. this is huge for me, no mids knob is like a hooker with one boob. so the corvette's 2 band dosnt cut it for me

2) price, geezus, 650ish cdn vs 1300ish (mind u, im cutting the warwick some slack, the cheapest ive seen new here is 1350, and the used ones around here usually are 1000-1200, atleast the resale is high lol)

3) ive heard the adjustable nut breaks quite easily

so if a rockbass is the lower version of a standard, you can imagine that i'd MUCH prefer the 505. i'd suggest checking them out. past those differences above, and the warwick signature mid growl (which im not sure you'd get with a rockbass, dunno wat wood's it uses), the basses are very alike in playability/ feel/ sound.
buy a used one i god my warwick corvette a $700 us. i actually agree with mangablade, not having a mid really puts a stop on you, ibanez are sexy as hell, but personally i prefer the warwick
what is NPS, and if you have one, which is also better for finger style
notes per second. It was a joke, because a Chevy Corvette goes from 0-60 miles per hour in 3.6 seconds.

In other words, I was spamming your thread and was hoping you'd at least get a chortle out of it
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
notes per second. It was a joke, because a Chevy Corvette goes from 0-60 miles per hour in 3.6 seconds.

In other words, I was spamming your thread and was hoping you'd at least get a chortle out of it

lol, do u have one
No, I don't play bass. And no, I don't drive a Corvette. I just saw your thread and that joke popped into my head.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently

i did, dirk, i sure chortled

theyre about the same fingerstyle (the 505/corvette), theyre basically built mostly for that.
Quote by mangablade
i did, dirk, i sure chortled

theyre about the same fingerstyle (the 505/corvette), theyre basically built mostly for that.

how are they for slap pop, which one is prolly better for slap pop
umm the corvette standard is, imo, about the same, just a diff sound becuz of the midrange.

if you like lots of mids when slapping, then the warwick is for you, tho most people like to scoop (get rid of) the mids for slap.

but that said, i expect the rockbass to not be as good as the standard. i'd atleast give the 505 a try, im saying its as good as if not better than the corvette standard in many aspects, so theres very little doubt in my mind that it can beat the rockbass.

and the 505 is very cheap! http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SR505-Bass?sku=517942

MF shows it at 580 us, in canada theyre about 650-700ish new. i got mine for like .. 420? used (cdn) it was about a few months old, so very worth it imo

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/RockBass-by-Warwick-Corvette-Basic-5String-Bass?sku=519088
the rockbass costs 590 US, and i admit it gets great reviews.

not saying the rockbass is bad, it seems pretty good, but i think my SR505 is like THE bass for me, its just amazing. and that rockbass has an alder body compared to the standard corevette's bubinga body that gives it the midrange growl.
The RockBass Corvette is what made me pay attention to Warwick, and I know own one.

I'd say there's not many basses in its price range that can beat the RockBass in terms of quality of tone.

For what it is, i.e. a beginner/early intermediate bass, and the price you pay it is very decent. But at the end of the day, it is still a beginner/early intermediate bass. That really is the only con for me.

Also, to mangablade, Warwick tend to have a lot of presence from the mids naturally. So IMO the lack of a mid knob isn't much of a problem. When I want a mid rich punch, I set the preamp EQ flat, and increase the signal from the neck pup.

It's true about the adjustable nut however, though it is only the clamp. The nut still works. I'm looking into getting the original brass Just-A-Nut. I do think Warwick has sacrificed quality with their "Wilferite" or "plastic" nuts. Even if it is graphite, it still breaks. To the threadstarter, last time I checked RockBasses don't have adjustable nuts, so you needn't worry.
well actually the lack of a mids knob IS a big problem:

because warwicks have a lot of mids to them, a lot of them time i'd find myself wanting to scoop/drop the mids. its a lot easier when i have the option to do so ON my bass.

i use my mids knob almost as much as my volume, and where would we be without volume knobs on our basses! LOL

(yeah i know, some people dont have volume knobs on their guitars, but w.e ... i still like mine on mine)
The timing of this thread is amazing. I've been debating on whether or not to get a Warwick Corvette Rockbass, and to see the pros and cons laid out by people who know what they're talking about.

Personally the wood is probably going to be the selling point for me, since I personally think that the wood of the SR 50X series is much to light, although gorgeous it just feels wrong to me. I just in general liked the feel of the 'Vette over the SRs I'd tried. The necks felt comparable, the action was better when lower on the 'Vette than on the SR series, the tuners were very close in accuracy with the 'vette a little more sensitive, and the way I rest my thumb on the pickups, the 'vette was a little better since the pickups were much taller than the broader and lower pickups on the SR series. As for the EQ problem addressed, I personally don?t play with my EQ as much as I probably should but personal preference will determine whether or not you need the mids knob.

The only problems I've consistently seen that the 'Vette has, is that the output jack from the bass has poor contact points in some models (I've personally had to struggle in a store with one and walked out of the store without figuring out how to fix the problem) and I've only heard the adjustable nut difficulties online, but I've heard it enough to believe it. Another complication to keep in mind is that the SR series has a much more standard body style than the Corvette, and cases may be harder to come across, but I believe this is counterbalanced by the in body output of the SR series which some cables are difficult to use with in my experience.

In the end it's up to you and your personal taste, make sure you play both to see how you like each and take your time before you spend your hard earned money. If you go either way you'll have a good bass.