Im thinking about starting to shred, but i own a squier strat and an epi les paul. those suck at shredding. im only 15 and dont have much money. i need to know the best deal on a shred guitar i can get. 200-300 usd price range.'
Ibanez rg321

getting it won't magically make you shred.
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

save up and buy a good metal guitar, while your saving, practice on your strat, i dunno about les pauls but i learnt my speed on a highway strat, made playing it on a jackson twice as easy
Quote by SpIkE27Z
Ibanez rg321

That's what I was gonna suggest.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
beh, get a schecter, prolly omen6/7 (6/7being number of strings) with a good amp it can put out all sorts of junk from zeppelin, slayer, and newer stuff like trivium and stuff, its a perfect candidate for your price range.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Quote by shadowsoldier08
beh, get a schecter, prolly omen6/7 (6/7being number of strings) with a good amp it can put out all sorts of junk from zeppelin, slayer, and newer stuff like trivium and stuff, its a perfect candidate for your price range.

Go away. You don't know what you're talking about.

To Redwings: True, but some guitars just play better then others. But i'm sure you already know and are just being sarcastic.
No way, get a real shred guitar get a jackson Rhoads low action with a great neck that you can fly up and down like nothing.
Yeah but for $300 you aren't going to get a RR ^

And RG's are just as good for shredding as an RR. Action can be low on any guitar. You don't need a Jackson or a "real shred guitar" to have low action.
True certain attributes of guitar will help with speed, Slim neck, jumbo frets, and a set of thin strings. But you don't NEED it, it just makes it easier. Have a look at zakk wylde playing on his LP's they've got some EXTRA thick strings and medium frets and he can blaze. It'd be best if you saved some more cash, be patient, and practiced on your other guitars...it'll all the more easier/better when you get something like a jackson or an ibanez
u can just practice on ur squire they may sound like sh!t but the playability of them is ok

do what santhony said and save up and get a good ibanez or esp
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man