Don't know the difference between the models, but IMO, Krank in general is a very poor company. Sketchy reputation, and they put out a pretty poor product with a huge price tag.....

I played the krankenstein, and it was complete ****. Thin and buzzy....a lot like a cheap solid state amp.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Don't know the difference between the models, but IMO, Krank in general is a very poor company. Sketchy reputation, and they put out a pretty poor product with a huge price tag.....

I played the krankenstein, and it was complete ****. Thin and buzzy....a lot like a cheap solid state amp.

Seconded.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!

Thirded, they are crap.

look at this, Dime wouldn't even play anything decent on one (he'd play a few powerchords, then turn his volume to zero, shred, turn to 10... POWERCHORDS!!)

Dime knew it sucked balls.

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c7/wylde_dime/?action=view&current=Untitled.flv
meh, to each their own. I thought the Revolution 1 I played sounded great for metal. I haven't heard a Krankenstien yet, so I can't tell you the difference. Nobody on these boards seems to like it though, and there's usually a reason. I've been told(hearsay) that there is an actual SS diode in the preamp to add distortion, but I haven't read it anywhere credible to confirm it or anything. From demos I've seen, it looked like it didn't have a real clean channel at all though, whereas the Rev does. The Krankenstien in the demo got dirty almost immediately on the clean channel. The Revolution will stay clean, but they were kind of lifeless and dull IMO, I wasn't impressed. I wasn't too interested in the cleans anyway though.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Well, I can give some similarities. They are both sub-par amps. They are both ridiculously overpriced. Cleans suck. Crunch sucks. Distortion is pretty meh, especially for a ~ $3000 HS.
Quote by El Codyo
Well, I can give some similarities. They are both sub-par amps. They are both ridiculously overpriced. Cleans suck. Crunch sucks. Distortion is pretty meh, especially for a ~ $3000 HS.

Thats the problem. For 3 grand you could have a Powerball and Cab....

Or a Uberschall and Uberkab

Or a Recto and Recto oversized cab.

Or a car...

They are too expensive for what they are.
Quote by Metal Militia
you are the first person i have heard that doesn't like krank

They don't have a great reputation here, Terrible buisness tactics and extremely overpriced amps.

That said, I really want to try out a Revolution 1 just to see how it sounds
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
The sign artists and then give them better versions of the amp and sell the ****e ones to the public for the same ammount.
difference between revolution and krankenstein is that krankenstein is dimes signature amp, which means its costs more than revolution, and is even more overpriced.

ive never playeda krank, but i always thought dimes tone was pretty good. dunno if he played kranks back in the day tho
^ no he played solid state randalls....ive played the krankenstein and id say if it was around say 1500$ i would buy it...not for what they ask for it though
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

krank = s h i t very very poor amps with crap sounding distortion
Gibson Les Paul Standard
1962 Malcolm Young Gretsch
Mesa Dual Rectifier Solo Head
Mesa Dual Rectifier 4x12 Slant Cabinet
Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q wah
It would help if half you have even played one. I have not, so I can't tell you, but from users who use them they seem to be decent. Kind of like a 5150, more high end, and more of a scooped sound. That's what it seems to be. Now I'd appreciate if everyone didn't come on here and bashed them becuase everybody else does, it's not helping anyone.

And was that "spotty business reputation" thing with Harmony ****etral ever confirmed? IT could just be all rumors you know, spread by the lovely ignorant UG youth.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
  • Marshall MF280 4x12 Cab
  • PRS Custom 24 w/ 3-Way/Coil Tap
  • Ibanez RGT220A w/ EMG 85 Neck/81 Bridge
  • Rack w/ BBE 482i, Hush Super C, and Furman
Last edited by JimiMan1535 at Jun 19, 2006,
The difference between the krankenstein and the revolution 1:

On the revolution 1, you need the footswitch to switch channels. On the krankenstein there is a switch.

And the speakers in the Krankenstein are eminence texas heat (they apparently break up easier and sound good)
Quote by JimiMan1535
It would help if half you have even played one. I have not, so I can't tell you, but from users who use them they seem to be decent. Kind of like a 5150, more high end, and more of a scooped sound. That's what it seems to be. Now I'd appreciate if everyone didn't come on here and bashed them becuase everybody else does, it's not helping anyone.

And was that "spotty business reputation" thing with Harmony ****etral ever confirmed? IT could just be all rumors you know, spread by the lovely ignorant UG youth.

dude, the reason it sounds like a 5150 is becasue most of the bands that endorse Krank Really use 5150's, like Arch Enemy and God Forbid, ****, Shadows fall use marshalls even!

look at this thread please, many questions are answered.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338404&highlight=krank+amps
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Last edited by Cone 21 at Jun 19, 2006,
Quote by chase312
Dimebag should of stayed with Randall :[

Esp. now that randall has the V2 and T2 and the tube series where you buy the tone card thingys.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio