Ive been working on 4 note chords with my teacher and sometimes the stuff he says goes right over my head....ive figured all the chords out in different positions but he wanted me to " apply and master them to the ii-V-I progression in every key" I want to have it down at the next lesson just not sure how to go about practing it
ii I V in C major: Dm C G7
In C# major: D#m C# G#7 (this is a G# chord with a 7, not G with a sharp 7!)
In D major: Em D A7
In D# major: E#m (F minor) D# A#7 (this is an A# chord with a 7)

See the pattern?????

Also, if your teacher says something that you don't get, ask him to clarify. That's his job.
Don't listen to bangoodcharlote, he made a mistake! *writes it down in his black book* I'll copy the whole post of him and edit it nicely *laughs sneaky*

'ii-7 V7 Imaj7 in C major: Dm7 G7 Cmaj7
In Db major: Ebm7 Ab7 Dbmaj7 (this is a Ab chord with a b7, not A with a flat 7!)
In D major: Em7 A7 Dmaj7
In Eb major: Fm7 Bb7 Ebmaj7(this is a Bbchord with a b7, not B with a flat 7)

See the pattern?????

Also, if your teacher says something that you don't get, ask him to clarify. That's his job.'

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/chords/what_chords_are_in_what_key_and_why.html Try this too
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Quote by elvenkindje
Don't listen to bangoodcharlote, he made a mistake! *writes it down in his black book* I'll copy the whole post of him and edit it nicely *laughs sneaky*

'ii-7 V7 Imaj7 in C major: Dm7 G7 Cmaj7
In Db major: Ebm7 Ab7 Dbmaj7 (this is a Ab chord with a b7, not A with a flat 7!)
In D major: Em7 A7 Dmaj7
In Eb major: Fm7 Bb7 Ebmaj7(this is a Bbchord with a b7, not B with a flat 7)

See the pattern?????

Also, if your teacher says something that you don't get, ask him to clarify. That's his job.'

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/chords/what_chords_are_in_what_key_and_why.html Try this too

*Yawn*

It's understood that the V chord has a 7 in jazz, is it not?
What do you mean? I was only pointing out that you made an error reading/typing. You've made all progressions ii-7 - I - V7 instead of the ii - V - I. Sorry if I came off rude, that wasn't the intention.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Quote by elvenkindje
What do you mean? I was only pointing out that you made an error reading/typing. You've made all progressions ii-7 - I - V7 instead of the ii - V - I. Sorry if I came off rude, that wasn't the intention.
Well, no, I made them II I V7, but this is jazz we're talking about. Sevenths are understood, at least I think they are.

Someone please clarify.