This is my first go at writing a death metal song so it probably isnt that great. It isn't finished yet but i'd like to know if it is worth finishing. I'll crit yours if you leave a link and if its ptb or midi
Attachments:
Death-Metal(zipped) Folder (3).zip
Quote by masterohumans
there is something wrong with you that has nothing to do with that instrument you want to build.
Thats really good i like the intro riff its awesome but i think u should make your solo a lil bit longer but that song is awesome i'd give a link to my song but i have no idea how to do it lol
The 'guitar break' isnt intended to be the main solo, just a small break from the mostly rhythm base of the song. I'll work on this a bit know and hopefully post an updated version soon.
Quote by masterohumans
there is something wrong with you that has nothing to do with that instrument you want to build.
Its pretty much finished now. i hope you like the direction i took it in. I also gave it the title 'Necrosis'.
Attachments:
Necrosis(zipped) Folder (3).zip
Quote by masterohumans
this was realllyyy well put together and flowed beautiful, really awesome and catchy riffs. insanely low for some reason. tuning doesnt make death metal and this isnt. its more like realllyy heavey thrash... awesome regardless of trivial sub genres
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
i agree, the verse riff or whatever you want to call it gets very annoying but that doesn't mean that it's bad. overall, it was very good. i liked that short solo. tab sounds similar to behemoth's demigod stuff, in my opinion. i didn't get time to hear the newer version but i might if i have time.
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
Quote by *'-'*
This is my first go at writing a death metal song so it probably isnt that great. It isn't finished yet but i'd like to know if it is worth finishing. I'll crit yours if you leave a link and if its ptb or midi

sounds like something mick thompson would use as a warm up :P but his warm ups are pretty crazy, i liked it ^_^
Quote by Arlabester
you suck, emo rocks, case closed
I thought it was pretty cool. There were some pretty solid riffs, and I especially liked that hammer on part on the low A string. I do have a complaint about the solos though. It's obvious that you have some chops and you know how to construct a solo, but you should work on your phrasing. Unlike the rhythm parts, there's absolutely nothing memorable about the solos. You're just going up and down scales really fast. Work on that a bit.

Other than that, I thought it was really good.

Edit: You should also expand on the interlude. It has potential to go in some more dynamic directions, and it really ties the song together. The interlude reminds me of "Voice of the Soul" by Death, and that's definitely a good thing.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
Last edited by Cafas at Jun 24, 2006,
The main rhythm gets annoying but that's just powertab, and the solo is absolutely crazy. Good job