i gotta ask it...

im lookin for an acoustic guitar (acoustic/electric would be preferable, but i can always get the input installed later) in the 400-700 dollar range. so far i've been lookin at a taylor big baby, a taylor 110, martin DCX1E and D-15. What do you guys think??
I think you should look at a wider range of guitars than solely martin and taylor. Their bottom level guitars tend to be a bit meh.
And don't get an ovation.
"It's too late. I've already paid a month's rent on the battlefield."
What kind of sound are you looking for. There are tons fo guitars in the 400-700 range. We have to narrow it down a bit... tell us more info
Hi!

Sig Retired.
ibanez
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
i'm a little biased, since i've only owned 2 acoustics, but i LOVE the way my Takamine A/E sounds/feels....
well i really like the type of acoustic guitar used in bands such as Jack Johnson's, Dispatch, O.A.R. and such. That is the type of music I really enjoy to play acoustic. I also really enjoy some of John Mayer's older acoustic stuff as well. Thanks for the input guys, hopefully this will help narrow it down some!!
well out of the guitars you listed, i would reccomend the martin d-15 over the others. apart from those... i'd look at takamine and alvarez also.
Quote by jimtaka
well out of the guitars you listed, i would reccomend the martin d-15 over the others. apart from those... i'd look at takamine and alvarez also.

Agreed. I know John Mayer and I believe Mark Roberge from OAR both use Martin acoustics...however...The Martins they play are quite different from the one you'd get for $700. Go into your local guitar shop and play every guitar in that price range, and in the next $100 up. Get a feel for all of the guitars, then make a choice by that. Thats what I did when I found my Alvarez, and I'm getting ready to buy my second.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.