As you may know i'm re-vamping my squier strat (URL's in my sig) but i have a few questions.

1) whilst taking the pickguard off my strat between the 2 tone controls there is a green 'thing' what is it? here's a picture of it.

2) im painting my guitar matte black and red, this sounds like a stupid question and i think i'm gna regret asking this but i wana get it right 1st time, will the clear coat make the matte black gloss or not, 'cause me n my dad were talking about it n asked me if it would and it made me think.

all help would be greatly appreciated, and if any of you could check out my thread and let me know what you feel about it replying in it that would also be greatly appreciated.

Hairball
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

1) It's a capacitor. It's used to filter out the higher frequencies when you use the tone knob.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
thanks frenchyfungus

could someone please answer my other question?
Quote by TehJermie

Quote by silhouettica

a clear coat will not turn the matte gloss. however, it will lose that matte look, and look like a very crap gloss, because you can't really clear coat a matte colour. im probably wrong though..
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
hmmmmm well does anyone know how i can combat this then?
Quote by TehJermie

Quote by silhouettica