I ahve a guitar that has 1 single coil and 1 humbucker JB to be exact, what I want t know is if I could use 250k pots?
Quote by Varkunus
well i got an MG
Isnt it 500k for the humbucker?
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
The difference is hardly noticable to the untrained ear, both 250k and 500k will work. Lots of stock HSS guitars have 250k pots.
These go to eleven...
i heard JBs were origianlly made for 250k.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeah I heard that too, I woudlnt' be surprised the jb wis set up from the factory to be VERRRY bright, so if it was made for a 250k it'd make a lot of sense.
Quote by LoveBuzz87
I ahve a guitar that has 1 single coil and 1 humbucker JB to be exact, what I want t know is if I could use 250k pots?
They would sound much better if you used 500k volume pot. I put that in my 3 sss strat which gives it better sustain especially harmonicly. Oh yeah it's Friday.
Do pots differ with size? Like the small ones to the big ones.
---------------
VOX AD30VT
BOSS GT8

Want to build a Jackson, to be fairly freaking honest.

Quote by Kanthras
Put some crap in the hole, like something sticky. And liquid-ish.
deviantART: Click Here
You get different shaft lengths (laugh and I will eat you)
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Does it change quality? If it doesn't do anything apart from size I won't bother upgrading.
---------------
VOX AD30VT
BOSS GT8

Want to build a Jackson, to be fairly freaking honest.

Quote by Kanthras
Put some crap in the hole, like something sticky. And liquid-ish.
deviantART: Click Here
You can get pots in smaller diametre. But i've only seen them in 500k. Depending on what guitar you're using, the regular size will work fine. I believe the mini-pots are "specialty" so they will be more dificult to find. So in short, get regular 250k
Quote by fronkpies
Isnt it 500k for the humbucker?

Generally yep but both will work. Bigger pots = brighter sound. And since humbuckers have double the windings as a singlecoil you have to double up on everything else.

But its been mentioned a couple of times that Seymour Duncan may have desinged the JB with 250k pots in mind in his Telecaster or something like that, so that'd be why people often complain about the thing being too bright.

I know that Alpha pots come in both 16mm and 24mm varieties. No idea why people don't use the small ones in guitars...maybe the larger ones are more durable or somethign
Quote by IndieLee
Does it change quality? If it doesn't do anything apart from size I won't bother upgrading.
Full size pots cost a little more, but well worth it. Easier to solder and more durable.

Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
The difference is hardly noticable to the untrained ear, both 250k and 500k will work. Lots of stock HSS guitars have 250k pots.
If you play artificial harmonics the difference between 250k and 500k is nite and day! Also 500k is more suitable for metal vs 250k.
Last edited by attilathehun at Jul 4, 2006,