Check it out. Came up with a couple riffs yesterday. Finished it today. Now I need some criticism.
Please give constructive criticism Even if you hate this type of music, please just listen.
Attachments:
Metalcore.zip
Epi LP--->Digitech RP3--->Crate GT-200
Last edited by metalmania91 at Jun 19, 2006,
I listened to your song, and I must say, the chorus was pretty catchy for some odd reason (and this coming from a guy who isn't a metal fan!). Now, I don't listen to many metal songs, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but is there a reason for all the single string notes (I'm not good at explaining this. I mean, like, not a lot of chords and stuff)? It sounds really good, but I find even a simple power chord can make it sound a little better. Of course, use of chords is all the musician's decision. Meaning, my constructive criticism is kind of useless. I don't listen to metal, so I can't really compare it to any known songs. So all I can really say is, overall, it's an excellent song. I was wondering if you could crit one of my two songs? They're both in the "Two Midis I Made" thread. If you could, that would be great. Keep up the good work!
Last edited by banjo02 at Jun 19, 2006,
It certainly wasn't bad...although for the most part it didn't really stand out from the average metal song. I liked the part where you substituted the one beat for a rest...it had an interesting rhythmic feel to it.
it's real real meh. I'd up the BPM to like 220, then it's at least kind of interesting. but to tell the absolute truth, there's nothing there that really looped me in and made me want to hear more.
Washburn WI66 Pro E Celtic Cross (1 of 48!)
Washburn WI66 Pro Honeyburst
Takamine EG334SC Acoustic-Electric
Peavey XXX 120W All Tube Half Stack
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Vox Snakecharmer Compressor
Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah
The riffs are all great metalcore riffs. In powetab some of them sound boring but on a real guitar they sound great. It gets slightly repetetive at times, so i would recommend adding some lead lines to make it a bit more interesting. Great effort
Quote by masterohumans
there is something wrong with you that has nothing to do with that instrument you want to build.