hey yall. i lots the CD that had my old recording software, which sucks cause i really liked it. since my computer crashed and eraised it, i no longer have it, i never got around to re-installing it. anyways, i got some software called Music Maker V2000 from a friend of mine, he said he got it out of a cerial box and didnt need it. do i go ahead and install this or should i go buy some better recording software? also, dont mean to sound like a noob, it only says it supports WAV files, is that the same as MP3? and if this is in the wrong forum, please move it.
yeah u could give it a try but i mean, it was in a cereal box so dont expect anything great....also u could try audacity thats supposed to be pretty good ihave it i just havent used it yet
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
Ibanez IBZ10B amp

Ibanez GAX30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
its free mate, google it
Idiot Pineapple wrote:

I've always held the theory that the Cold War was started because of guitar tabs.

Flickr-mus Prime
WAV files are a lossless codec therefore you get all the quality of what you recorded, when you convert to MP3 you lose alot of the quality, you might not notice it too much but WAV files are usually huge and MP3 are small. you can always try it out like and just get some free conversion software off the net to make you files into MP3, you can always uninstall it if its balls like.
www.myspace.com/dontfeedthesheep

gear

crafter ga7n
yamaha pacifica 102sx
epi les paul special
lee oskar major diatonic D harmonica
alas i dont have an amp anymore, i lost it but im getting a vox pretty soon along with a new electric guitar
Quote by japes
its free mate, google it

cool man, ill check it out.

Quote by smell_my_cheese
WAV files are a lossless codec therefore you get all the quality of what you recorded, when you convert to MP3 you lose alot of the quality, you might not notice it too much but WAV files are usually huge and MP3 are small. you can always try it out like and just get some free conversion software off the net to make you files into MP3, you can always uninstall it if its balls like.

can you put WAV files up on sites like dmusic or do you have to use MP3?
i dunno about D music but they may not allow it because they are so big and they might not wanna host so many large files, but they should state somewhere on their site what files thay can host for you. MYSPACE will only let you upload mp3 files though if you ever use that.
www.myspace.com/dontfeedthesheep

gear

crafter ga7n
yamaha pacifica 102sx
epi les paul special
lee oskar major diatonic D harmonica
alas i dont have an amp anymore, i lost it but im getting a vox pretty soon along with a new electric guitar
its worth a try, and you CAN convert these wav files to mp3s after the recording process
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by ScottishAngus
its worth a try, and you CAN convert these wav files to mp3s after the recording process

but i have to use an additional program right?

does audacity record straight to MP3s? can you use audacity on dmusic?
Quote by lp_dude_2
but i have to use an additional program right?

yeah something like audacity can convert to mp3
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by ScottishAngus
yeah something like audacity can convert to mp3

so then id just be better off downloading audacity and recording with that then redording with what i have, download something from audacity, then converting.
Quote by lp_dude_2
so then id just be better off downloading audacity and recording with that then redording with what i have, download something from audacity, then converting.

use whatever you like best. But if you use the other program you can still use audacity to convert the wav file to mp3.
Quote by ScottishAngus
use whatever you like best. But if you use the other program you can still use audacity to convert the wav file to mp3.

ok, one more question, when recording with audacity, does it record as a MP3?
Quote by lp_dude_2
ok, one more question, when recording with audacity, does it record as a MP3?

no recording package records straight to mp3.
it records as a wav you convert it at the end.
Quote by ScottishAngus
no recording package records straight to mp3.
it records as a wav you convert it at the end.

so i have to download the converter program anyways.
Quote by lp_dude_2
so i have to download the converter program anyways.

you can do it in audacity.
Quote by ScottishAngus
you can do it in audacity.

ok, on the download page for audacity, i download "Audacity 1.2.4b installer" to record with. so i would also need to download "LAME MP3 encoder" to convert my recordings to MP3's. am i right?
Quote by lp_dude_2
ok, on the download page for audacity, i download "Audacity 1.2.4b installer" to record with. so i would also need to download "LAME MP3 encoder" to convert my recordings to MP3's. am i right?

yes. Audacity requires that file to convert recordings to mp3s.
Quote by ScottishAngus
yes. Audacity requires that file to convert recordings to mp3s.

alright, cool. thanks man for all your help, i would of never been able to figure that out.