Page 1 of 6
Okay well now that it is summer I am officially starting to customize my old peavey raptor as my first ever customization.
This is how it originally looked:

My plan is to paint my guitar white and then put an image of a stormtrooper on it, like so...

Then I thought that i put some LEDs or something coming from the gun of the stormtrooper to make it look like its shooting. I am also looking for other crazy ideas to do to it so if anyone has any ideas i'd love input.

But anyway, heres where i'm at. I've dismantled the guitar...

I would've started sanding by now but I took out my electric sander and realized that the sanding paper on it was no longer usable... gotta buy some more...

Anyway i'd love comments and suggestions so leave one
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
Last edited by Tedrick at Jun 19, 2006,
sounds like an awesome idea. you should prob do something to the headstock, like put a custom label or something, use your imagination. also, if ud like, do a pickup switch on it too, then it will look and sound cool.

by the way, those pics are huge

good luck!
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
Sounds cool. Put the Star Wars logo on the headstock or something, that'd be cool. I like the LED idea, put one right on the end of the gun.
Member #6 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
When it comes to flipping pancakes, it's better than burgers.
Quote by AmericanIdiot91
sounds like an awesome idea. you should prob do something to the headstock, like put a custom label or something, use your imagination. also, if ud like, do a pickup switch on it too, then it will look and sound cool.

by the way, those pics are huge

good luck!

Yeah one of the pics is huge and i have no idea why... when i imported tehm tehy were the same size
Quote by gogita21
Sounds cool. Put the Star Wars logo on the headstock or something, that'd be cool. I like the LED idea, put one right on the end of the gun.

Dude, thats a great idea thanks, the startwars logo would be perfect for the head, i think im also going to paint the head white
Quote by spazzymagee417
sounds kick ass
cant wait till i paint my guitar
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Well I went to my local hardware store and bought some sandpaper (the guy who worked there kept trying to convince me I was getting the wrong kind) but I bought it anyway and went home, put it on my electric sander and sanded away

Here's where I am at now:

I have to stop sanding because I nearly broke my wrist in my football (soccer) game yesterday, but all in all it's been a good day

EDIT: AAAAA! Sorry about huge pics, i'm trying to fix em

EDIT2: Fixed
Quote by spazzymagee417
Last edited by Tedrick at Jun 19, 2006,
you could do it like thers a laser shot going up the fretboard or sumit, would look cool
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Zeds.Ded
you could do it like thers a laser shot going up the fretboard or sumit, would look cool

That would look cool but i wouldn't have no ****ing clue where I would start. I don't even know how I am going to do the LED(s) i am planning to put in
Quote by spazzymagee417

i think it would be really sexy if you incorporated these logos somewhere on it... possibly on the back, or maybe on the front.

PS. It would look sick to have inlays that look like that
Quote by zeppelin68

i think it would be really sexy if you incorporated these logos somewhere on it... possibly on the back, or maybe on the front.

PS. It would look sick to have inlays that look like that

Inlays would be sick, but I think I'll probably find a place for those on the head, Thanks for the great idea
Quote by spazzymagee417
maype paint them on the tops of flat volume and tone knobs?
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Zeds.Ded
maype paint them on the tops of flat volume and tone knobs?

Great Idea, definately going to do that, thanks

Also, I have decided which legendary figure will go on the back...

Can anyone find a darth vader pic that would be easily pianted on?
Quote by spazzymagee417

heres couple ideas, sry for the excessive size of the pictures... there kinda huge
^Zep, you're the best, that last one is perfect! Definately will be used.

BTW I really appreciate all the suggestions and help people have been contributing, if anyone wants me to check out their project or wants me to do anything for 'em i'll be glad to help

Thanks again everybody
Quote by spazzymagee417
Man, those are pretty nice suggestions. Looking forward to this mod. Good Luck.

Hey zeppelin68, do you have or can you make an actual size Strat body line drawing? I'm in the thick of doing my mod and wanted to start experimenting with the design. Thanks.

i think it would be neat if you put "Product of Endor" on the back of the headstock or something.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by Yertle
i think it would be neat if you put "Product of Endor" on the back of the headstock or something.

Lol that'd be pretty sweet ill probably put it in small letters underneath the StarWras logo i'm going to put on the headstock
Quote by spazzymagee417
well it is the forest moon you know - It would have the wood connection.

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

You should do Darth Vader on the back like pointing his lightsaber in front of him and it's going up the neck.
Last edited by grimreaper65 at Jun 19, 2006,
ne more pics?
Quote by blinnk16
Thanks epacers, that was a load of help.

Quote by gnarly_
I respect you man...Your going on my people who dont suck list...
Quote by epacers7
ne more pics?

tomorow... I plan to have the whole body sanded by the end of tomorow
Quote by spazzymagee417
You, Sir, are a genius.
It'd be cool if you could rig the leds t go from the gun all the way to the headstock endin in a bang sort of effect. Hard to do, but it'd be awesome.
Product of Endor is genius too, whoever thought of that OR you could turn endor int a log like fender. geddit..? nevermind...
good show.
steph
Blackstar HT 5
George Dennis Spitfire 2x10
LTD GL 200M
Agile Ghost III
Warmoth SSS Tele with Floyd Rose
Ibanez Artcore AM73
I <3 Arcade Fire, Rainbow, Dungen, Muse, Pink Floyd, Def Leppard, Kate Bush etc.
ROCK OPERA!!
UG Rock Opera tracks
^Thanks Steph, I of course think that LEDs going up the neck and ending in a bang would be really freakin cool but seeing as how I have no idea how I am going to do the LEDs I'm planning, its probably not a likely occurance... BUT you never know, If things go well It could happen.

SANDING UPDATE:
OK well, I've sanded the paint off the whole front and the whole back, I'll finish the edges and do a fine sand later this afternoon

Front halfway done:

Back done:

Front done:
Quote by spazzymagee417
Will it be necessary to do the interior bits? And I think Product of Endor might look cool in fender font or something.

Quote by crazypeanutman

Quote by Yertle
Will it be necessary to do the interior bits? And I think Product of Endor might look cool in fender font or something.

Nah, the interior bits aren't necessary because they'll be hidden by the pickguard, and I'm probably going to put the StarWars Logo in Fender font and put "A Product of Endor" underneath it
Quote by spazzymagee417
Last edited by Tedrick at Jun 20, 2006,
You should put a Roland Synth Pickup on the guitar so it can make laser and lightsaber sounds .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
You should put a Roland Synth Pickup on the guitar so it can make laser and lightsaber sounds .

that idea = FTW
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by slashnmash
sounds like a very cool project!

Thanks slash, I actually got the inspiration to customize my guitar from seeing your threads

Quote by FacingUsAll

Haha, too bad I dont have the $200 necessary

PROGRESS UPDATE: I kept on sanding around the edges but theres two areas I'm having problems with... Taking a break to watch England vs. Sweden in the World Cup
Quote by spazzymagee417
Last edited by Tedrick at Jun 20, 2006,
this looks like its gonna turn out great....it would be cool if you can do the front part white with the storm trooper and the back black with vader...or somethng like that
Quote by darkinertia
this looks like its gonna turn out great....it would be cool if you can do the front part white with the storm trooper and the back black with vader...or somethng like that

and for the sides: some black/white (probably star wars themed) pattern that blends the black of the back and the white of the front!
you should put the imperial symbol on the headstock and make death star inlays on the frets with the death star ll on the 12th fret. it would look awsome.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by Tedrick
Taking a break to watch England vs. Sweden in the World Cup

2 all
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Hey this looks awesome! The most original idea of costumization I've seen on here! You're a genius, and I hope all will go well! Could you update me with the project through PM; like when you've added new stuff and such? Anyways, keep at it! This is gonna be killer!
When I heard smoking would kill me, I bought shares in Dunhill and Marlboro - Thomas Geraghty

If we don't change it, nothing will fucking change.
Summon Algee out to see this!
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
I'd like to refinish my old Ibanez GSA60 but I know **** about paint and lacquer. Great project.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Hey Guys! Thanks for the tons of comments and great ideas (I am using many of the ideas said in this thread) You guys have a lot of great ideas, keep 'em coming.

PROJECT UPDATE:
Sanding Finished! The horns of the guitar took me forever, sorry it took so long, but anyway here's some pictures

(Spinal Tap )

Quote by spazzymagee417
Last edited by Tedrick at Jun 21, 2006,
o m g!

SPINAL TAP DVD FTW!!! TURN THAT BITCH TO 11!!!

is your guitar going to be the one you cant touch, not even LOOK at!?

*runs off to redownload Spinal Tap, as it got deleted about a month ago by accident*
Quote by mangablade
o m g!

SPINAL TAP DVD FTW!!! TURN THAT BITCH TO 11!!!

is your guitar going to be the one you cant touch, not even LOOK at!?

*runs off to redownload Spinal Tap, as it got deleted about a month ago by accident*

It makes you think, "How much blacker could it be?", and the answer is none, it could be none blacker

*Hums "Sex Farm"*
Quote by spazzymagee417