Hi guys i have a Epiphone Les Paul Standard and im customizing alot now.........i just purchased my Gibson 57' Classic Plus for the Bridge hehehe and now im lookin for a good neck pickup with a nice deep tone for blues and so on........and suggestions???? THANK YOU!!!
Seth Lover, PAF, Pearly Gates, '59, PRS Vintage Bass, PRS McCarty Bass, Lace Sensor Dual Hot Gold...really, anything classified as "vintage" you should look at. What kind of amp are you playing through?
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by creamsoda90
Vox AD30VT

Welp, SOMEBODY's been smoking penguins today.

EDIT: My bad. I misread.
Marshall MG100HDFX

Originally posted by Steve Cropper
The three things that can survive a nuclear holocaust are cockroaches, twinkies, and Keith Richards.
Ah, ok. I have the same affliction. My first recommendation, get a new speaker. Second, my experience is that blues is all in the fingers. Actually, to me it sounds better playing blues with a hotter pickup, just bringing down the gain a bit. That way, your tone is a lot more pick responsive. Hell, I like playing blues on my modded H-H-H Strat with 3 high output pickups as much as I like playing it on my PRS SE Soapbar II. Which is another option -- a P94. Single coil soapbar pickups give you blues tones to die for.
Hi, I'm Peter
Well, it's not the P-94 in particular I'm a fan of, I'm just a fan of single coils in general. I prefer actual P-90s, but I'm assuming he doesn't want to route his guitar for a new pickup. And Rio Grande makes some awesome soapbars, as well.
Hi, I'm Peter