okay, I know i have made a few which guitar threads, but after months of testing out 6 strings of every shape and size I have finally decided my next electric will be a 12 string

so recomend me some!

I just require that the price stay under $500

My current signal chain is Guitar->rocktron metal planet->Danelectro Fab Flange-> Vox AD30VT(set on one of the clean models, or the 70's Marshall model)

I like the sound of a distorted 12 string, so I'd prefer a solidbody

andd please, could any links you post be to musiciansfriend or a retailer? I want to see the street price as the manufacturer price is usually WAY higher than actual.....
I don't know, never played them, but give it a shot! Danelectros are generally good budget guitars.

..And there's always that OLP 6/12 doubleneck for like $400.
Quote by Danno13
And there's always that OLP 6/12 doubleneck for like $400.

I don't think that looks too great TBH. If you'd make use of a double neck then you might as well buy one, cause then you can still use the 12 on its own but you've got a double neck too. I'd say look around on eBay and stuff for a second hand Fender XII, I've heard they're really nice.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Are you on about the ones with lipstick pups? I've seen them in shops and they look pretty nice but I've never tried one out. Go try one if you can.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Last edited by Calum_Barrow at Jun 19, 2006,
+1 for the strat XII
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.