I just got this and i dont know how to do anything. Do I have to hook guitars straight into it to record? Does the drums have to be mic'd up? Can I just record my band without plugging anything in and it just record the sound? Thanks for the help...
Quote by Heid
More realistically....I once tried to give myself head....I gave myself a sore neck and a loss of pride...
LISTEN TO ME PLAY!
Start by reading the manual.... the dp-01 is soo easy to use. but I would seriously suggest reading the manual first and yes you can just plug your guitar right into it. If you wanted to record a whole band then you would need a mixer and good mic's (thats how I do it and it works just fine).
i'm reading the manual i just dont get it... So we cant all just play something and it just pick up the sound and record without plugging things into it? Also, how do I play back something if I dont have headphones?
Quote by Heid
More realistically....I once tried to give myself head....I gave myself a sore neck and a loss of pride...
LISTEN TO ME PLAY!
well... you do need headphones or you can plug one of your p.a. speakers into it. But you do need to plug your insturments into the inputs. if you want to record your band live you would need a mixer, mics to mic your drums and plug your guitars into the mixer and your vocals in the mixer.

guitars>-----\

vocals>------ | |-----<mixer>-----| < DP-01>

Drum mics (4-8)>------/

If you want to record everything at once you could do that, make sure you get your levels set.
or you could record everything seperatly on different tracks and master it so you could possibly get away with not a using many mics.

Just sit down and think about the possibilities of setting your stuff up with what you have. Its not that difficult. Wait a tick! I SHOULD MAKE A VIDEO!!!