I have a Samick AV3

The neck pick up is about twice as close to the strings as the bridge pickup. Both sound fine to me, but I'm a noob so what do I know. Is this common in the LP style guitars?
yeh its the same on my Epi LP custom, i think it means thers more effect from adjusting the volume on the guitar for that pick up, but not entirely sure
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
The bridge pickup should be closer than the neck pickup for volume balance purposes. The string oscillation has greater amplitude at the neck than it does at the bridge, meaning there is more movement through the magnetic field of the pickup, producing more volume.
Hi, I'm Peter
It's mainly preference. Adjust them to how they sound good to you. My pickups on my WI14 are low and slanted down on the bass side. I like a more trebley sound, so I adjusted them that way.

I agree with Dirk as well. The bridge pup should be a little closer for balanced volume.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar