i saw a Vox AC30 in the buy and sell (Irish) for 3000 euro, im not buying it, but just want to know, is it worth that for a 30 watt combo! or is it something special, it said collectable but is it really !
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Vox's are great amps
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
It's worth it, and yes, it's a collectable. It's got to be a vintage AC30, and in ten years it will be worth twice that.
Vintage AC30=ear secks
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Personally if you are looking for vintage stuff I would go with finding a vintage guitar rather then a vintage amp. The last amp I had was quite old (maybe not collectable though) and it was fairly worn out and almost resulted in a flambe. I would have had to replace a fair bit including the speakers on the amp to get it up and running. Have you had a look at new Vox AC30's ? They are cheaper and more versatile (possibly even better made despite being made in China?). I cannot comment if they sound better because I have not heard a vintage AC30.