Page 1 of 2
Alright, currently I have that Squier starter strat pack (yuck) and I'm looking to upgrade. I've already decided on an Epi Standard LP, which will be $380 for the black one at MF, which leaves me with $320. I'm not sure what amp I wanna get so...any suggestions?
Bump it up to a Les Paul Standard Plain top. It's $20 more and it will be a much better guitar. It has an all mahogany body with a plain maple top, instead of the regular standard's alder/mahogany body with flame maple veneer.

As for the amp, look at the Vox Valvetronix AD30VT.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Save up like 30 more bucks and get a Roland Cube 60 if you play metal.
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
Xenn is right, get the Plain-Top. It's got better wood. Or else look at an Agile AL-3000 for $370. Those are quite popular as well.
Quote by Danno13
Then the Vox AD30 or 50 will be great for you.

absolutley
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
the agiles do seem pretty good. i only wish I could try one out before buying it without having to ship it back to them if i dont like it. the vox and the cube amps suggested are both solid.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Quote by slugger21
Yeah go with the Vox AD50VT got mine in a guitar amp package for $300

Where did you find a deal that amazing?!?! The AD50VT is $375 ALONE. Plus, even a POS guitar is $100...Where did you find a guitar and AD50VT for $300?!?!

Also, on topic, the Agile AL-3000 is a nice guitar, and after shipping will run you about the same as the Epi LP Plain Top. Either way you'd be getting an excellent guitar, so it really comes down to your choice on which you like better.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Last edited by Xenn99 at Jun 19, 2006,
If you have 700 buck and you want a Les Paul, why wouldnt you sell the Squier for like 50 or so bucks on craigslist and invest in a Gibson LP Studio? Why buy a knock off LP that will be worth, well, not much if you ever wanted to sell it as opposed to the real thing?
Now I can hear the flamers now, "the Agile is awesome". Dude, you dont want an Agile. Epiphones arent bad, but lets face it, you really want a Gibson or you wouldnt want an Epiphone, right?
My .02
^Epiphone's are approved by Les Paul himself. You know? Les Paul? The guy who invented the Les Paul style guitar?

They're every bit a Les Paul as a Gibson is. And any Gibson he'd find for $700 unless he found a beat to sh*t Studio would be a POS. LP Specials anyone?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
^Epiphone's are approved by Les Paul himself. You know? Les Paul? The guy who invented the Les Paul style guitar?

They're every bit a Les Paul as a Gibson is. And any Gibson he'd find for $700 unless he found a beat to sh*t Studio would be a POS. LP Specials anyone?

Uh no, who's Les Paul? There are a ton of deals out there. You just have to get off this board, stop listening to other peoples know it all ranting and buy a quality instrument.
1. http://cgi.ebay.com/01-Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-BLACK-BIN_W0QQitemZ7423830080QQihZ016QQcategoryZ38086QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
2. http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Upgraded-Ebony_W0QQitemZ7424075034QQihZ016QQcategoryZ47072QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
3. http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-1990-Natural-look_W0QQitemZ7423829988QQihZ016QQcategoryZ38086QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Took me, oh about 4 minutes to find those.
Dude, you may be OK with an Epiphone, but I was in your shoes once (owning an Epi Std.) and you'll be dying for the real deal sooner or later. Not so much because it sounds better, but for the satisfaction of owning a Gibson or American Fender or whatever your into.
Quote by Danno13
Ouch. Xenn wins by default.

Anyone who openly lists an MG as thier main amp cannot win any arguement...online or beyond.
Quote by Danno13
Ouch. Xenn wins by default.

I think he was being sarcastic.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by taper_fra_nord
^Lol, you bought the gibson just coz you wanted a guitar with the gibson name on its headstock?

Yeah, and because I had the money to buy a nice instrument, just as ANYONE of these guys who swear all the knockoff brands are great would do.
I dont see Slash playing an Agile if they're so great.
No he was serious. Because you asked who Les paul was.
Pretty much the inventor of all things guitar. First multitrack machine, First echo (I think)
First solid body electric guitar (Not technically, but first one really sold.)
If you dont know who les paul is, Quit.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
^Oh, i didn't realize you played in one of the most popular bands of all time, and that you personally was adored by thousands of guitar-playing fans

Edit: For the post above the post above this post.
Quote by Zach_F
Pretty much the inventor of all things guitar. First multitrack machine, First echo (I think)

Are you a tool or something. I WAS BEING SARCASTIC
Quote by taper_fra_nord
^Oh, i didn't realize you played in one of the most popular bands of all time, and that you personally was adored by thousands of guitar-playing fans

Edit: For the post above the post above this post.

??? Are you implying that I'm comparing myself to Slash? Wrong.
You wouldnt buy a 78' Gibson LP Custom if you could afford it
1. No? Gibons during the 70s where **** walking on all sixes, everybody knows that.

2. I don't care who you're comparing yourself to, bottom line is that when you buy a 1,000 dollar instrument, you buy it because you love the sound that instrument purrs out. Not because you want to protect your fancy image as a rich papas-boy.

3. I don't remember what i was gonna say at 3, im just too upset.
Quote by Zach_F

Les Paul was the first to experiment with a solid body guitar - Leo Fender was the first to market and sell them.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Quote by taper_fra_nord
1. No? Gibons during the 70s where **** walking on all sixes, everybody knows that.

2. I don't care who you're comparing yourself to, bottom line is that when you buy a 1,000 dollar instrument, you buy it because you love the sound that instrument purrs out. Not because you want to protect your fancy image as a rich papas-boy.

3. I don't remember what i was gonna say at 3, im just too upset.

1. I beg to differ as my 78 Custom smokes. Nothing wrong with it.
2. The tone everyone tries so hard to replicate by changing thier pickups, doing this, doing that, is that of a 1000 instrument. 700 in this case, though.
Just go buy the real thing for Christ's sake.
3. Why are you so upset? Are you mental or something. This is the internet. Everybody is a know it all, toughguy and guru all wrapped up into one post.
Geez.
Quote by demea
1. I beg to differ as my 78 Custom smokes. Nothing wrong with it.
2. The tone everyone tries so hard to replicate by changing thier pickups, doing this, doing that, is that of a 1000 instrument. 700 in this case, though.
Just go buy the real thing for Christ's sake.
3. Why are you so upset? Are you mental or something. This is the internet. Everybody is a know it all, toughguy and guru all wrapped up into one post.
Geez.

1. In your opinion, appearantly, an epiphone les paul special smokes. Seeing as how you previously stated you don't hear that much of a difference between your gibson and a standard epiphone.

2. That doesn't count for much unless you can't appreciate that great tone, now does it? Also, they don't try to replicate 1,000 dollar guitars, but rather, 2-3,000 dollar guitars.

3. Why would i get upset any more in person than over the internet?
Quote by taper_fra_nord
3. Why would i get upset any more in person than over the internet?

Becuase the internet is full of bull from a population that has nothing to fear. You can say anything and you are largely free from reprocussion, regardless of whether or not you are correct/justified. People abuse this privilage. Also, these people mean nothing to you, you don't care for them, there's no reason to take anything they say to heart.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Quote by demea
Yeah, and because I had the money to buy a nice instrument, just as ANYONE of these guys who swear all the knockoff brands are great would do.
I dont see Slash playing an Agile if they're so great.

dude,even slash didnt use a gibson les paul in his appetite for destruction era. he used a les paul copy that he got some really good luthier to make for him.(im pretty sure). and he also uses b.c. rich guitars every once in a while.i think b.c. richs' are ugly as sin
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by demea
Anyone who openly lists an MG as thier main amp cannot win any arguement...online or beyond.

RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Uhh, click here...
Quote by marvelboy_04
dude,even slash didnt use a gibson les paul in his appetite for destruction era. he used a les paul copy that he got some really good luthier to make for him.(im pretty sure). and he also uses b.c. rich guitars every once in a while.i think b.c. richs' are ugly as sin

Who told you that? Axl?
How can you tell???? The mockingbirds (two of them I think) are in the back.
^^ who needs that many guitars? FFS! at least have more then 2 LP's/Variations of em. damn.
^ as long as its not Spider II.
Its like with that guy in the bible who had a thousand wives. You only live 20,000 days as an adult. Whats the point when you only get to **** each bitch 20 times in a lifetime?
Quote by demea
Uhh, click here...
Who told you that? Axl?
How can you tell???? The mockingbirds (two of them I think) are in the back.

i think i read that somewhere on this forum.i could be wrong,but still the point is hes not just obsessed with using gibson guitars
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by demea

maybe he bought them after the Appetite for Destruction era... (you never know )

BTW demea, shoot yourself in the head before asking one of the most retarded questions ever.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
get the marshall "rock box" comes with heeps of stuff like marshall MG15DFX, straps,lead,picks,tuner,case and stickers
Quote by striker327
get the marshall "rock box" comes with heeps of stuff like marshall MG15DFX, straps,lead,picks,tuner,case and stickers

sarcasm?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Should?
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Page 1 of 2