I'm kinda in a windmill at the moment, i'm between the Fender Hot Rod and the Marshall DSL 401 amps. Which one would you prefer? I'm kinda tending toward the Fender, mainly because it's cheaper (700 Euros agains 900 Euros) and it has two channels plus MoreGain, which is also switchable per foot, the Marshall does not.
The Marshall does kinda have more punch, but then again maybe it was cuz i tested it with a epi les paul and the Fender with my Ibanez 1570. My style is kinda Metal/ Hard Rock/ Punk /Punk Pop (lotsa bands )
Please help.

I'm mainly intersted in people's experiences with both amps.
Na also, doch noch ein Deutscher hier!

I guess for your purposes you should go with the Marshall, even though I'm really fond of the Hot Rod. Haven't tried it for metal though, so I don't know about that.

I reckon if you get the Hot Rod Deluxe with a Maxon OD of some kind you should be able to get quite a good metal tone out of it.

Viel Glück bei deiner Suche Holst dir den Verstärker beim Musicstore nehm' ich an?
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

Quote by Kryptonite_0194
Na also, doch noch ein Deutscher hier!

I guess for your purposes you should go with the Marshall, even though I'm really fond of the Hot Rod. Haven't tried it for metal though, so I don't know about that.

I reckon if you get the Hot Rod Deluxe with a Maxon OD of some kind you should be able to get quite a good metal tone out of it.

Viel Glück bei deiner Suche Holst dir den Verstärker beim Musicstore nehm' ich an?

Bei Amptown in Hamburg, falls du das meinst.
Benutz' Musicstore nicht, Thomann und Musik-Schmidt sind besser, MMN.

EDIT nah, es gibt eine Website namens Musicstore.de, das ist das Guitar Center Koeln.
stimmt, thomann ist richtig gut. Hab da letztens nen Jef Beck Seymour Duncan Pickup geholt. richtig klasse.
Wieviel haste bezahlt? Ich finde, Europaeische Preise sind immer zu hoch...
...Er....yea....

Anyway, get the Fender if you want an amp for cleans/ bluesy type stuff, Marshall if you want to play what you want, and the Marshall has 2 channels, and a boost on the second channel.
The Fender has a clean channel, a useless overdrive channel, and a boosy for the overdrive channel.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I'd go with the fender, I know frusciante used it on his early work, and I've tried one with an Ibanez, but I've never tried the marshall.
Dickless.