A kickass melodic death metal band in the vein of Arsis, Utopia Banished, and also feels like their some Vehemence in there too. Unfortunately they broke up but if you can get ahold of their cd "What the Mind Perceives" (6 bucks after s&h) you will be glad you did. It totally kicks ass in my opinion. BTW, this is not gothenburg melodeath, this is the real thing.

Their website is http://www.beyondtheflesh.net/ and they have some samples there
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Last edited by Metal Matt at Jun 19, 2006,
That first riff in Rise Above the Weak sounds oddly like Unholy Confessions. And the vocals remind me alot of Utopia Banished. Sounds good to me, I'll check into it.
Originally posted by HateEternal
Uh.... ok big deal

If my aunt had balls shed be my uncle
Awesome band (you messed up the thread title by the way). Saw them open for Obituary, They remind me a bit of Melo-death Carcass. Class stuff with some really sick drumming.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
oh crap I did mess up the thread title didn't I? I must have combined Beyond the Flesh with Tim "ripper" Owens band Beyond Fear... I'm an idiot...
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Hahahaha you can probably change it dude. Just edit your first post.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
i dont really see the Vehemence in this band... it does sound oldly like Utopia Banished at least from Rise Above... anyway... maybe a tiny bit igues... lol missing that death metal vibe ;(