I have a three piece band... I am guitar, lead vocals.... What percentage should my bass player (and backing vocals) pay for the PA... I think about 25%... is that outragous?
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
If you're all agreed to pay for it together it should be 1/3 of the cost for each person. If it's just you and your bassist paying though, 25% is far from unreasonable.
Member #6 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
When it comes to flipping pancakes, it's better than burgers.
yeah dude, just split it evenly. if he doesn't want to, maybe he's not all that committed to the band.
Nirvana
Good Charlotte, Simple Plan
I would say one person should pay 100%. That way if someone leaves there will be no arguements.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
I agree with Dutch Apples. Eventually odds are somebody will leave, or the band will break up. If it's not a package deal, you could have people buy like a mic or stands or something, and then they own whatever they bought.
Last edited by Spazz128735 at Jun 19, 2006,
Quote by Dutch_Apples
I would say one person should pay 100%. That way if someone leaves there will be no arguements.

good point.... I'll just have to save up a little longer... thanks.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by Dutch_Apples

Agreed.
Quote by Dutch_Apples

That's how my band did it.
Now we dont have a PA...
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
We did it in my band also chriss_122 and were about to fire the guy who owned it this week. Our singer used to have a PA but it went up, however he still has speakers and we all own our own mics. I have a few mic pre-amp processors that could be used as a mixer so basically if we did fire the guy who owned the PA, we wouldn't be out completely. All we would need is a power amp.

You could do what some others suggested and do like one person buys speakers, another power amp, GET YOUR OWN MICS, etc. However I really don't like spliting everything in equal parts.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.