hey, as i have been readin the bass forums for a while, and every question is so newb, it gives us bassists a bad name.

i have a question- what do different types of woods give different types of sounds? what types of neckwoods allow the most speed? etc etc..
i am just looking for the different characteristics of bass woods, as i am searching for a new bass.
Quote by bass_newb37
hey, as i have been readin the bass forums for a while, and every question is so newb, it gives us bassists a bad name.

Shut up. Shut your mouth right now. I'm not even going to pretend to be nice now. Just because someone is ignorant of a certain aspect of bass (be it gear, technique, how to adjust a truss rod, or even how the strap goes on) does not mean that they give bassists a bad name. Everyone, and I mean every single person, has to ask questions that you might think are basic. Eventually though, through asking enough of those questions they become fairly knowledgable, and sooner or later they know a freaking lot. Some of them might turn out to be your bass hero one day. Even Wooten had to ask questions.
^seconded

how would you like it if rather than getting the answer about which woods give you a certain sound, people just said "hahah, you fucking dipshit, everyone knows which woods give you that midrange growl, and bottom end, and treble. You're such a fucking newb, and you give bassists a bad name." If you have a brain, think before you want to ask for help, retard.
Quote by Soma3009
An interesting Thread. IN BIZARRO WORLD! HAH.

Quote by FakePlsticTrees
and props, clapping and bows to you mantiscabinet.
now hold on now, he may be talking about all those damn verse threads that have finally, finally been done away with, thanks largely in part to dan i suspect. id have to agree with him there, there was a lot of ignorant, "who's better, claypool or wooten?" and "pick a bassist from this list" crap threads floating around out there.

btw, deliriumbassist, i like your sig.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."