im bored so im just starting up a thread on things that have gone wrong at one of your gigs or somone you know?
MAV!
had my strap givout on me and i droppped my american strat right on the ground

CRASH

one word : straplocks

other than that?? there have been a few pissoffs.. like the one show we did and they tell my singger, no we dont have any monitors for you guys...

(we're basically an ac/dc band, so my singer NEEDS to hear himself)
LYRICS. WASTED TIME BETWEEN SOLOS

l
I had a tube blow out at the end of the first song but i had a back up head so qucik change and i was ready to go again
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
hummm

uhhh one show my bass player and guitar player both freaked out.... they got like major stage fringht and forgot our songs as well as the set.
long story short all you heard was My guitar, drums, and vocals becuase they Couldnt hack it so they turned down there guitars and faked playing......

I quit after that one
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
^

sounds like my FIRST stage experience in a 'rock' band

grade 8 talent show hahahahahahaha

ohhhha boy
LYRICS. WASTED TIME BETWEEN SOLOS

l
I had a power cut right in the middle of a song before. the power was like out for 4 hours and evryone was pissed off.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
The other guitar player in my band was playing a borrowed electric-acoustic, so he didn't know how it worked. In the middle of his solo it turned off. Since he didn't know how it worked, he couldn't fix it, so eventually he held it in front of a mic and played; and it was not neraly loud enough.

It pissed me off so much because I was telling him before the gig to not use that guitar, because he didn't know how it worked.
Our singer forgot like half a verse to "Come as you" by Nirvana. Of course, I had to immediately sing so there wasn't this random, awkward gap. It was passable, but i'm a guitar player, not a singer. we survived, no one cared.
Nirvana
Good Charlotte, Simple Plan
lol, dont know if it was something that went wrong but, i was doing a show for a performing arts school and we did a radiohead song, dont know what it was, didnt like it, never heard the song prior to playing it on stage but i managed to pull off the timing alright with no mess ups, but ther was this one but were my teacher wanted me to do an improv solo, i ended up playing an improv solo for reeeeeaaaalllllyyyy long, cause i forgot how to get back out of the solo i eventually got out of it, quite funny though
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
My head shorted out before the start of the show and was done for the night, almost couldnt play but another band hooked me up with their 120 watt, and we tore the show up and won the battle.
Not my band (I dont have one really), but a guy I used to work with's. They were playing in a firehouse with some other local bands, most of which didnt show cause of getting in a car accident on the way and other stuff. The first couple of songs went ok, then they stepped on the mic cord and it ripped out. They fixed it and finished the song. The next song, the guitarist swung around and smacked the singer in the face with his headstock. He was bleeding all over and singing (if you can call it that) screamo, so it was pretty funny. Oh yeah, then the show got shut down because of a 9:00 curfew on a Friday night. The cops also came cause kids were smoking pot outside of the place. We had to stay inside the place and help clean up and set up for the next days bingo game so we wouldnt get arrested while waiting outside for our ride. What fun...
I was playing lead with the U.S. Navy's Atlantic Fleet rock band back in the mid-70s. One of the band's missions was playing 40-minute high school gigs in support of the Navy's recruting program. We'd play our set and then the recruiter would walk out on stage and say something like, "Isn't the Navy cool? Don't you guys want to join the Navy?"

Our lead singer had a voice to die for, but couldn't play the guitar to save his life. But guess what - he desperately wanted to play dual leads with me when he wasn't singing. He talked me into showing him some licks and chords and, quite frankly, practiced his butt off. He was making real progress, and the guys in the band were impressed.

A massive hit at that time was Bachman-Turner Overdrive's Let It Ride. You couldn't turn on the radio without hearing it at least three times an hour. Naturally we learned the song since we were playing for high school assemblies. If you've never heard the song, it starts with a distinctive four-bar solo rhythm guitar part, followed by a four-bar guitar solo. The kids of that time loved this song.

Back to the singer. He was convinced he could play this four-bar intro leading into my solo and, after a lot of pleading and rehearsing, convinced us that he could play it.

His moment had arrived...

The band was somewhere in the midwest on a recruiting tour. We always huddled prior to going onstage to play the first show of the day, just to pump ourselves up. We decided to let Earl (the singer) start Let It Ride. He was wired!

In fact, he was too wired. When it was time to play Let It Ride, about four songs into the show, Earl strides to center stage to announce the song. The kids go nuts. Earl steps back from the mike and nods to me and John (the bass player). John yells into the mike over the din, "Put your hands together for this one" and Earl launches into the first chord. He nails it! The kids are starting to clap in time to Earl's playing! Life is good!

But wait! Earl misses the third chord. Until my dying day I'll remember the look of pure and perfect terror on Earl's face as he realized that he was lost - he had forgotten his part and was now wandering aimlessly in a chordal wasteland far, far away from anything he'd ever known! The beat fizzled out as the kids' clapping dissolved into this random percussive noise. Finally, Earl gave up with a look that was a mix of horror and dejection.

Oh, what would I give to have a photo of Earl's face at that moment.

Well, John, the drummer and I had played together for so long that we were able to look at each other and simply start at measure five with my solo and we finished the song without any further adventures.

And Earl never again asked to play the intro to Let It Ride. Whenever I'm down, all I have to do is remember that moment from 30+ years ago and I can laugh until my sides hurt.

Thanks for taking the time to read this geezer's long story.
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.