Those are EMG HZ's, They're the EMG passive pickups, I think when people say EMG's don't go well in basswood they're talking about the Active EMG's like the 81, 85 etc....

And I think some people find them too trebley for basswood that's why they advise against them, not sure though
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
because those are HZ's, HZ's shouldnt even be counted as EMG's

who exactly said that EMG's shouldnt go in Basswood?
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
^ I don't know why everyone seems to dislike the HZ's, I tried them before and thought they were pretty good
oh, ok.

i don't remember exactly who said the 2 shouldn't go together, but i've read it a few times. or more specifically, i've read that emg actives are only good with mahogany
How do I figure out what kind of wood my guitar is made out of? Anyone know?
Quote by sethp
oh, ok.

i don't remember exactly who said the 2 shouldn't go together, but i've read it a few times. or more specifically, i've read that emg actives are only good with mahogany

they are quite popular in alder bodies.
Quote by Neon Knight
they are quite popular in alder bodies.

Yeah, the new ESP SV's have alder bodies with EMG 81's. It's said alot around here though that the pickups are very trebley and need something with a darker tone (Like Mahogany) To balance them out
Quote by El Codyo
What kind of guitar do you have?

Schecter C1

It's pretty damn heavy.
Quote by lostfuze
Schecter C1

It's pretty damn heavy.

I'm pretty sure those are made of mahogony
Theres nothing wrong with EMGs in basswood... The fukin' bullshlt that goes around here. It gives a different flavour than in say mahogany, but its not a fukin blasphemy or anything...
Quote by electrik
Theres nothing wrong with EMGs in basswood... The fukin' bullshlt that goes around here. It gives a different flavour than in say mahogany, but its not a fukin blasphemy or anything...

Electrik is such a straight up G...just tells it like it is... *bows to electrik*