alright there are two ovation guitars i like
Ovation CU247
http://samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=4&TempID=5&STRID=145226&Method=2&CategoryID=675&BrandID=1432&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=1&pagesize=10&SortMethod=2&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=Department&GroupCode=

this one ^^ has a solid top

and

the Ovation CC48
http://samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=3&TempID=4&STRID=145226&Method=2&CategoryID=675&BrandID=1432&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=1&pagesize=10&SortMethod=2&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=Department&GroupCode=

this one ^^ does not

please look at the specs on each page

the CU247 is only $50 more than the CC48
so im guessing that the CU247 is better

and....how can something be a multiple piece neck?
like....a 3 Piece nato neck....how is it 3 pieces?
thanks alot people
first, don't bump your thread... and definitely don't bump it after 39 minutes.

anyway, i really like the ocation celebrity plugged in. it sounds really great. if you are wanting to play unplugged alot as well i might reccomend the other model with the solid top. you really just need to get your hands on each and see what you think though.

and i'm not sure what your question is about the multiple piece necks. what don't you understand about it?
"how is it multiple pieces?" - umm it just is? still not quite sure i understand what you don't understand.

and it is more expensive to use solid pieces of wood, that's why you'll often see segmented necks.
It usually means that the neck blank is made up of three pieces of wood glued together. This makes it easy and efficient to angle the headstock and add the neck heel. Multiple-piece necks are often stronger than one-piece necks.

Btw, I prefer the black Ovation. Ovations are darn good guitars, I just wish they had a more traditional headstock.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Quote by Armored Artist
I
Btw, I prefer the black Ovation. Ovations are darn good guitars, I just wish they had a more traditional headstock.

Traditional Headstock? How about wood backs and sides?

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
you would go for the black for what reasons? the laminate top? lol
im really wondering which is better except for the fact that the ruby red one (CU247) is a solid top
Quote by brocksta57
you would go for the black for what reasons? the laminate top? lol
im really wondering which is better except for the fact that the ruby red one (CU247) is a solid top

I didn't actually look at the specs, just the pictures. But yeah, you definitely want a solid top.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior