i am looking to buy a new guitar, and i am really liking a couple of gibsons.
i mostly play punk rock and hard rock, and some metal here and there. i play lots of afi, avenged sevenfold, atreyu, and from first to last, and maybe a little children of bodom and cradle of filth. out of these 2 guitars, which would be best for my preferences in music?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Vintage-Mahogany-Electric-Guitar?sku=517536

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-SG-Gothic-II-EMG-Electric-Guitar?sku=518933
thanks
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
I'd go with the SG. They're lighter, but a little more awkward if you're used to a LP body. Both will give you similiar results with unique sounds. In my experience, Les Pauls have always had better sustain while SG's had more "crunch" to them (that's not to say people haven't pulled off some incredible solos with an SG, or that they've thrashed with a Les Paul). Different people get different results, so try them both out at Guitar Center or something before you decide. My vote goes to the SG in terms of what you'll be playing.
A strange man deficated on my sister.
The SG's thinner body gives it more edge and bite. The les paul will sustain longer.

It's more about the pickups here:
The SG has super-hot EMG's, which will be great with a proper tube amp, but crap otherwise.
The LP has 490's (i think) which sound alright in some cases, but are quite muddy and less versatile.

SG all the way.
k, cool thanks
but what if i bought an epiphone goth g-400, and added seymour duncan dave mustaine livewire active set pups to it, and added grover or gotoh tuners, to it, would is compare to the gibson sg gothic?
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
k, cool, i also looked at the epi les paul goth, would that be better?
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Epi's (except Elitists) are all ridiculously similar. Same wood, same pickups, same neck, same tone, same hardware. I say that every day.

An LP should theoretically have a bit more low-end and sustain, but it's not always that significant.