heeey yoou guuuys - Sloth

so im thinking of starting a band. were gonna play alot of Thin Lizzy maybe even come across as a bit of a tribute/cover band, i think im gonna call it "Model T" (wrote about it in band names ) more then likely the start of the set and the end of the set will consist of Lizzy songs, but would it look stupid if we were to play non Lizzy songs, even have sets that only have 1 or 2 Lizzy songs? im kinda hoping people will pick up on the Model T pun, but i want to be able to play other artists live aswell.

thanks in advance! Zed

(UG's been such a help to me! )
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Well first off, do you want to be a cover/tribute band? If not than I wouldn't cover a lot of Lizzy songs or you will come off as that, maybe just one or two to show respect to one of your favorite bands? Also I don't think it would be strange to cover different bands songs but again if you don't want to be labeled as a cover/tribute band don't do more than a couple. I think a cover to start a show off and maybe one to finish would be good than do original stuff and perhaps even other covers in between.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
thats what i was thinking, thanks for the advice!

ps. this will be my first band so i dont know a whole lot about all this band lark!
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Np man! Since this is your first band are you looking to gig right off the bat or jam for a bit first? Nothing wrong with shooting to covers and gigging the experiance will be great, just don't limit yourself to covers only
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
yeh, probly jam mostly for the first good while to get ourselves aquainted with playing in a band, timing together, improvising around each other and all that, i defo want to do a few G3 style Jams!
- Jimi Hendrix

- Mitch Hedberg