Okay after MUCH debate I have decided on one of these two guitars...

http://www.rondomusic.net/al3000prestthincsbf.html

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plain-Top?sku=517413

I have played an Epiphone Standard but not the plain top and I was wondering does anyone know if the neck is any different. I have not played the Agile but I hear good things about it. I just needed some opinions on this and if anyone could tell me which has a thinner neck than the other it would help.
Quote by Casket
Okay after MUCH debate I have decided on one of these two guitars...

http://www.rondomusic.net/al3000prestthincsbf.html

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plain-Top?sku=517413

I have played an Epiphone Standard but not the plain top and I was wondering does anyone know if the neck is any different. I have not played the Agile but I hear good things about it. I just needed some opinions on this and if anyone could tell me which has a thinner neck than the other it would help.

Why would you buy something based upon someone elses opinion? Why dont you play the epiphone and if you like it, buy it. Someone elses hands may be smaller, arms may be shorter... they may be half deaf.
Quote by demea
Why would you buy something based upon someone elses opinion? Why dont you play the epiphone and if you like it, buy it. Someone elses hands may be smaller, arms may be shorter... they may be half deaf.

Well they might have more experience with one of the two guitars than I do. I know that the necks on the Plain Top are supposed to be the thinner 60s style but I am not sure how the Agiles compare. Both guitars seem pretty close when it comes to the materials that they are made of so I just wanted some other views.
Quote by Casket
Well they might have more experience with one of the two guitars than I do. I know that the necks on the Plain Top are supposed to be the thinner 60s style but I am not sure how the Agiles compare. Both guitars seem pretty close when it comes to the materials that they are made of so I just wanted some other views.

They'll tear you in two different directions and you'll be more confused than when you posted this
the al-3000 costs less, has a flame top, grover tuners, and an ebony fretboard. I would count the al-3000 as the better deal.
i've owned both kinds of les pauls with both kinds of necks...the 60's is more comfortable but the 50's neck is just as playable to me...

read the specs...the actual width difference is like .0001 of an inch (ok i'm exagerrating)...but its literally not near as big of a deal as ppl make of it.

my experience with epi's are they are good guitars...and there prices have gone way down so you can get that epi standard for about the same price as the agile 3000.

now since price isn't an issue between them prepare for a war between the agile and epi fanboys (if there are any).
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by the_invince
the al-3000 costs less, has a flame top, grover tuners, and an ebony fretboard. I would count the al-3000 as the better deal.

the al3000 doesn't cost less...the epi has grover tuners also...and the epi standard flametop is about the same price as the al3000 after the price cuts (even though this guy wants the plain top)...as for the fretboard thats all preference. i prefer rosewood.

EDIT:: i was wrong ...the les paul standards in black are the same price as the agile al-3000's...the flametops are 100 bucks more...so theres one def. area the agile has the epi beat...if thats what your worried about.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Last edited by bonchie1 at Jun 19, 2006,
DududuDUDU! I walk onto the battlefield. I look down. There's EPI written all over my armour in big letters. " 'Ware me sword, or i swear by thee seven, i will cut thee to pieceth!" I shout out at the roaring mass of agile-knights, to which harsh laugher is my only answer. I look around at the worn faces of my comerades. Their sodden dispirit is nearly enough to break my spirit, but i need to stay strong. I turn around, and charge the enemy. In the moment before contact, i hear the rush of shouts declaring the others following me. I smile, even as death takes me.
Quote by taper_fra_nord
DududuDUDU! I walk onto the battlefield. I look down. There's EPI written all over my armour in big letters. " 'Ware me sword, or i swear by thee seven, i will cut thee to pieceth!" I shout out at the roaring mass of agile-knights, to which harsh laugher is my only answer. I look around at the worn faces of my comerades. Their sodden dispirit is nearly enough to break my spirit, but i need to stay strong. I turn around, and charge the enemy. In the moment before contact, i hear the rush of shouts declaring the others following me. I smile, even as death takes me.

Far south, beyond the fog of war, a minstril of Schecter cries "Wouldest thou tempt thine metal gods with thy Washburn?!"
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer