I just decided that I will get a Agile AL-3500 and i will then change the pick-ups to suit my style.

Bridge-
I want a Slash sound. A bluesy when clean, but when used with gain I want a Overdriven sound. It would be cool if I had a distored but not muddy sound.

Neck-
I want the best cleans I can find. Something really bluesy and when distorted something that sounds like John Frusciante. Just basically, a John Frusciante sound pick-up. (i kno he uses single coils but I want a sound close to that)
Mayb a fitted P-90?

Also does anyone know how much a shop charges to change pickups??

Thanks IN advance
uhhh maybe buttcheese humbuckers w/ a cocksuckingslashisgay pickup.

which will cost 4,000
When you get that Agile can you PM me and tell me how you like it. I am kind of interested in getting a LP copy and modding it.

Slash does use that seymour duncan listed. You could look at Swineshead Pickups. The condor has real nice cleans and the warthog is just a monster. If you are willing to spend a lot, Bareknuckle makes incredible pickups. The soundclips are just orgasmic haha.

I called a local guitar shop to see how much it would cost to get a full setup and the guy said around $50. I think he said that included adjusting or changing the pickups to work well with the adjusted action, etc.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Quote by Dewy141

which will cost 4,000

reported for spam and being a total asshole
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
Quote by Dewy141

which will cost 4,000

Notice the word "banned" under this users name... No need to report the post anymore.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
I think to get Slash's amp will get you closer to his sound.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
and he has a whole crapload of rackmounts too...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
slash uses his neck pickup for alot of his solos
just thought i'd let you know so that when you get an alnico II pickup for your bridge, and you're still not there, that might be why
Fender '82 Walnut Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
EHX English Muff'n
Boss DD-6
Slash does use the Alnico II but you can get close to that with a bunch of pickups.

If you don't mind spending a bit more money I'd take a hard look at a Swineshead Runaway bridge, Condor neck combo. If you wanted to get a little more output in the bridge, the Warthog instead.

I have an Agile AL-3000 with the warthog/condor combo and it's a fabulous sounding and playing guitar. Unbelievable for the money. Friends with much more $$$ in gear can't get over it.

By the way, if you're going to change pickups anyway I'd go for the 3000 instead of the 3500.

If you have the pickups a shop will charge you around $75 to swap them.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by Mudder

If you don't mind spending a bit more money I'd take a hard look at a Swineshead Runaway bridge, Condor neck combo. If you wanted to get a little more output in the bridge, the Warthog instead.

Is that combo in any way versatile??
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Jun 20, 2006,
Quote by long gone
I just decided that I will get a Agile AL-3500 and i will then change the pick-ups to suit my style.

Bridge-
I want a Slash sound. A bluesy when clean, but when used with gain I want a Overdriven sound. It would be cool if I had a distored but not muddy sound.

Neck-
I want the best cleans I can find. Something really bluesy and when distorted something that sounds like John Frusciante. Just basically, a John Frusciante sound pick-up. (i kno he uses single coils but I want a sound close to that)
Mayb a fitted P-90?

Also does anyone know how much a shop charges to change pickups??

Thanks IN advance

In the bridge, I would suggest a Seymour Duncan Alinco II, closest to slashes sound you can get guitar wise (Exluding hands and amps).

In the neck, either another one, or, alternatively a Seymour Duncan Phat Cat, which is a P90 in a Humbucker size cap.
Quote by aznrockerdude
Is that combo in any way versatile??

I think the Condor is the best pickup I've ever heard in the neck. The cleans are killer and overdriven gives a warm thick lead tone or dark crunchy rhythm.

The warthog can go anywhere from classic rock and modern country to metal (depending on amp), absolutely an excellent winding and worth the money to get it from the UK.

I love my condor/warthog combo, for the Slash tone the Runaway will be a bit closer to start but isn't as high output as the WH.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.