Page 1 of 2
I have a fender 12 string acoustic/electric. And what are some good songs to play with it?
HAIL TRUE METAL!!!
"Stairway" of course. Also try "Across the Universe" by John Lennon.
Ohhh...My head hurts...

Quote by Inahrima
^ have i told you i keep misreading your title as UG's biggest bad greek?
well as gitter_wizzard said... pretty much anything. there are alot of things written on 12 string though if that's what you're looking for. some artists to check out:

fleetwood mac, dave matthews band, the eagles, john butler trio, bon jovi, bob dylan, beck, david bowie, john denver, REM, opeth, silverchair, led zepplin, paul simon, the who, and neil young
"Mosquito Song" by QOTSA. im pretty sure they have a few others too.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
wish you were here by pink floyd
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Wish You Were Here is for a 12 string yes, and it's a lot of fun to play. Pretty easy to learn as well.
D-D-D-D-Dust in the Wind. Classic.
"His clothes are dirty, but his hands are clean" - Lay Lady Lay
Have a look at the Cure if you're into that
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
Damn, someone beat me to saying John Butler Trio...
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Wish You were Here was played on a 12 string live by John Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls as a tribute to PF.
^ That maybe because Roger Waters uses a 12 string live (and there is a 12 string on the record)...
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
i think for good measure... somebody should say wish you were here AGAIN

pink floyd - wish you were here
everybody beat me to "wish u were here"
Member #17 of the RHCP & John Frusciante UG fanclub

Member #52 of the Fender Armada
I'm not completely sure, but I think "Wish You Were Here" is on a 12 string.
I heard something about this one pink floyd song?
Fish who where dear?
Wish you were here, thats it!.
Yea.
Good song.
Hotel california.
Stairway.
Anything by the cure.
Anything by the Sisters of mercy uses a 12 string in the melody for the most part.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
California dreaming. The tabs suck. PM me if you want a pretty accurate one (the mods didn't accept it for the site)
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
this is helpful thanks guys (i jsut learned the intro to wish you were here on my 12 string acoustic)
Squier Stratocaster
B.C. Rich Beast
Conrad 40110 (12-string Acoustic)
15 Watt Squier Amp
12 Watt B.C. Rich Amp
PODxt Live
Hear my train a comin by hendrix, there's a video on youtube for it.
Check it out!
Quote by imapunkforlife
this is helpful thanks guys (i jsut learned the intro to wish you were here on my 12 string acoustic)

Thats the easy part on the 12 string. Now you get to learn the solo on the 12 string which is slightly different than your normal 6 string. As another suggestion, you should try some Tantric.
^--- that solo is 35 different kinds of gorgeous on the 12 string
^-- what tab do you use? i can't seem to find any decent ones and i'm too lazy to continue transcribing it from videos for now.
Quote by jimtaka
^--- that solo is 35 different kinds of gorgeous on the 12 string

Ditto!!
over the hills and far away, sick cycle carousel, any folk/blues things with 12 strings u know, every rose has its thorn, the world i know by collective soul
rod stewart has some good 12 string stuff (before he went all fruity of course)
Isn't '39 a mandolin or something? I remember that it's not a guitar...

Anything off of Ziggy Stardust by Bowie has 12-string rhythm... Rock and Roll Suicide is the crowning glory.
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
The rhythm part to Hendrix's version of All Along The Watchtower is acoustic 12-string tuned down half a step. Have fun with that, bitch.
Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa fa fa faa fa fa fa fa-fa faa

Quote by Paul Brannigan
Pie is like bread, but just with more pie in it
thisll sound funny but...with an acoustic/electric 12 string plug in..add the slightest bit of OD and play mother russia by iron maiden. sounds pretty amazing
Forgot to give my suggestions:

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Hotel California - Eagles
Take It Easy - Eagles
Jack Fig - Leo Kottke
Vaseline Machine Gun - Leo Kottke

Lots of Eagles songs have 12 strings in, and I've given just two popular songs. Also, I play a lot of Irish stuff and folk on my 12 string, and pretty much any song where I just pay chords; as long as the 12 string suits the mood of course (they don't go well with EVERY song). Those two Leo Kottke songs are amazing, and If you've only just picked up a 12 string or fingerpicking (or both!) then I suggest you don't try them quite yet...
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Holiday by The Scorpions...beleive they used a 12 string on it
And any acoustic thing by Triumph
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
if one more person says wish u were here im gonna sick the mafia on them
Squier Stratocaster
B.C. Rich Beast
Conrad 40110 (12-string Acoustic)
15 Watt Squier Amp
12 Watt B.C. Rich Amp
PODxt Live
Wish you were here. Tell the Don I got a tea bagging waiting on him.
Page 1 of 2