I'm interested in the Crate Powerblock as a back up amp.
I have an old cab with 2 4ohm speakers in it. I want to operate it in 8ohm mono as is required by the powerblock. If there a way to connect the speakers so the enclosure ohms = 8.
thanks
wire the (2) 4 ohm speakers in series. So positive from input cable to ->positive speaker 1 -> negative speaker 1 to positive speaker 2, negative speaker 2 -> negative from input cable
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Erock i just took a look at your set-up and i died a little inside...

it owns mine so bad, i think im gonna go cry in a corner
Quote by lefty_strat_str
Only buy guitars that have had their wood harvested from the north side of the tree, during the summer solstice, by virgin druids suffering from dwarfism. Next stupid question, please.
thanks man, I'm really happy with my rig right now, I've worked hard to get it to this point. Too bad it doesn't make me play any better, lol. I actually need to take a new pic, there have been a couple changes and an addition to the family since that pic.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
nice. what have you added?
Quote by lefty_strat_str
Only buy guitars that have had their wood harvested from the north side of the tree, during the summer solstice, by virgin druids suffering from dwarfism. Next stupid question, please.
an old Washburn flying V from the 80's I'm trying to bring back to life. It's black with red binding, and kahler trem. It's playable at this point, and it sounds surprisingly good, but it still needs a lot of cosmetic work. The addition is a C-7 Hellraiser in BCH.
amp clips
amp vids
oooh pretty. i love the finish. and the silver trim
Quote by lefty_strat_str