Page 1 of 2
Hi all,

Iv just realized that recently, say over the past year something has been making me feel slightly incomplete, kind of a nagging feeling. And its my set up. Here it is....

Fender Squire
Violin bass (no brand name)
Yamaha acoustic
Ibanez Artcore

Laney 30W bass
Yamaha 8W practice amp

As you can see it all over the f*cking place! To be honest this is all my fault, i should have really stuck to guitar and not ventured off into bass (that was my plateu period)
anyway seeing as i spent alot of money i now have a crappy set up, i suppose i need to get my ass in gear and sell the bass equipment.

This leads to the question, are you happy with your current gear? I know i wont be happy for many years until i finally get everything i want.
i love my gear

tokai love rock (les paul copy kicks ass)
peavey classic 30
dunlop 535Q wah

i love my stuff, the only les paul ive played better than mine is a custom...which im currently lusting over
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Im pretty happy with it. I love my amp, amazing. The guitar, eh, its great for a beginner guitar, but I guess im still a beginner. Hopefully getting a new guitar in the winter.
I hate my stuff in a way, i could have a jackson or a LTD for the price of my dean baby V but i'm too lazy to get my ass down to a shop out of town, but i literally do hat emy amps,
Squier sp 10 practice amp
behringer gm 1 something

the behringers ok but it buzzes, i need to get one of thems line 6 spider II amps they are cool apparently.
My tele and strat ROCK harder than any Fender I have ever owned.. and my Peavey Classic 30 is a really nice amp All I need now is a nice Les Paul type to complete the picture.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1
London City Spitfire II (Modded)
Squire Tele Custom (Modded)

Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
I love all my gear. The amp needs work, but a Mesa Stiletto will take a while to get.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Yea, for the most part. My bridge pickup is shot, that's my only complaint.
Epiphone Les Paul
T. Haruo Acoustic
Fender MusicMan 210 (130w)
I love everything, but i wish i had a backup guitar though. Im thinking of buying an american strat. Its either that, or a squier strat to mod.
I'm semi-happy with mine, even though I'd like to sell guitar #2, #3 and #5 (see below)

Guitars:
1) Fender American Strat (chrome blue mpl FB)
2) Squire Master Series Esprit
3) Ibanez JSS220 (autographed by Sanctus Real)
4) Takamine EG530SC (acoust)
5) Amada 7/8 scale (acoustic)

Amps:
1) Vox AD50VT
2) Ibanez GTP10

Pedals:
1) EH Deluxe Memory Man
2) Ibanez Tube Screamer
3) Digitech Metal Master
i have a gibson les paul studio (i could use this the rest of my life)
and my Peavey Envoy 40 (i wanna replace it, for somthing with a little more power, but it works for now..

so ya, im pretty happy. my amp has a LITTLE trouble goin over drums sounding good, but it works.
I'm vewry happy with my Hondo II start copy. And my 80s Crate. It may be a cheap used guitar and an old amp, but they work fine.
i guess my setup is ok, ive always have just played by myself w/ various small practice amos but i joined a band so i kinda had to get a larger amp

gibson sg special
Marshall DFX50 (the newer ones kick ass nothing like the older version)
epiphone acoustic
some random classical guitar
two fender squires- one was my first electric one was some 30 yr old guitar i got for a gift
roland cube
small ibanez 5 watt practice amp (first amp)
Quote by EvilMaxy
I shoved a crayola crayon up my ass.

Quote by Nelsean
I shoved my tesicals in a blender and masterbated.

superman's where its at....
Jesus pwns both
im prettty happy with my gear,

30 year old yamaha acoustic
ibanez GSA60
Ibanez Tbr 50
DigiTech DeathMetal (im lovin it :P)

the only thing i would change is my GSA just because i need a better axe it was good to begin on but now im goign to upgrade in about 2 months or after summer
im getting a Schecter c1 Hellraiser!!!!! (i love the metal :P)
I also have a 40 something year old Stella Harmony acoustic.
Gear - Yes
Skill - No

Does anyone know where I can buy skill?
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
Dude, unless you're in a major record label band, there will always be gear that you'll want that you don't have.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Guitars:
Plywood strat copy (Actually sounds really nice)
Harmony acoustic

Amps:
Noname 10w guitar amp.

I dont exactly have anything nice, but it does what i need it to.

Edit: I would really like to get a classicial, but a new electric guitar and amp first.
i like my gear but i wish i had better:

Fender Squire
Ion( a really gay guitar)
Washburn acoustic
Fender frontman 15r
and a cheap $30 wah pedal
Tyler
Quote by HardAttack
Dude, unless you're in a major record label band, there will always be gear that you'll want that you don't have.

haha, ya. you buy something and think its so badass youll never need to replace it. then you see something that sounds a little different and you MUST have it. it will never end.
Amazingly, I am currently happy with my gear.

So what if my guitar(s) aren't great (I have an Epiphone, a Stagg, an Encore, and a rebuild job Satellite) and an Orange Crush 10, and a 6 metre cable I bought from an electronics store, and about a dozen picks of which I use maybe 3.

But I'm happy with my gear because, hey, it's not great gear.
And at the same time, I'm not a great guitarist. I really stink! It annoys me when people assume that good gear will make them a good guitarist. I've played really great guitars, with really great amps, but they haven't made me any better.

I still maintain that it's important to start off crap. Because when you can make crap sing, then you can make anything sing.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by HardAttack

I beg to differ, all i really want to acheive in my life time in a decent Vox amp, and a complete set EpiphoneArchtops. I think thats achievable
Quote by StaggHound
Amazingly, I am currently happy with my gear.

So what if my guitar(s) aren't great (I have an Epiphone, a Stagg, an Encore, and a rebuild job Satellite) and an Orange Crush 10, and a 6 metre cable I bought from an electronics store, and about a dozen picks of which I use maybe 3.

But I'm happy with my gear because, hey, it's not great gear.
And at the same time, I'm not a great guitarist. I really stink! It annoys me when people assume that good gear will make them a good guitarist. I've played really great guitars, with really great amps, but they haven't made me any better.

I still maintain that it's important to start off crap. Because when you can make crap sing, then you can make anything sing.

I agree with you im not after a Gibson at all, i just want a nice set up, nothing big, just at the moment its a f*cking mess.
i am quite happy with my gear, i could use a better amp...but right now just for jamming with friends and in my basement its plenty, and sure i would love to have a Gibson or Fender...but i hate how EVERYONE has one...almost...and basically you would jsut be paying for the name...thats why i bought my Epiphone and Austin (also because im really poor)
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

My first guitar was a MIM Fender Strat which I like a lot. My first amp was a marshall mg 15watt which I liked at first but don't like it anymore. I have a mesa boogie 2x12 cab with a black shadow c90 and a ev 200w speaker sitting in my closet until I get the money to buy a mk iv. It might be a year from now but I am patient. I sometimes use my brothers guitar, an agile valk with p90s. Its pretty damn good for a money he paid. I still prefer the fender neck to the fatter agile neck.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Quote by thetearsibleed
i love my gear

tokai love rock (les paul copy kicks ass)
peavey classic 30
dunlop 535Q wah

i love my stuff, the only les paul ive played better than mine is a custom...which im currently lusting over

how is the peavey 30?
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Yea, I'm very happy. I wish I could play like Tremonti/Dimebag though! That would make it all worth the cash.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
my LP custom rocks harder than anything ive ever played.. only thing i wish i had was a Crybaby, and my setup would be complete
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
no.

fender mim fat strat
peavey xxx combo

no.
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

Yes im happy

(sig)
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I hate my gear:

Ibanez EDR170 - possibly the worst ibanez ever - weird resin body and a non locking trem so its always out of tune. Neck is ok though, but for the money I could have got much better.

Fender FM212R - laaaaaaame. Big, loud, cheap, and the cleans are probably above average, but its just crap. Was supposed to be an upgrade, but keeps the practice amp sound and makes it louder. The distorion is appalling, which made me buy a...

Boss MT-2 - meh, its OK. Everyone here seems to either love it or hate it, I just think its mediocre.

But my ENGL is here, I'm just waiting for my birthday so I can use it
im semi-happy, i have

a 4 year old aria strat copy which is falling apart, its ok cause just the screws need to be adjusted from time to time

im not happy with my 15 watt marshall, the sound just kind of died overtime

i happy with my yamaha acoustic, great guitar for the price

and i love my squire bass, ive had it for 2 years now and all i had to fix was to put on new strings
I'm really not. I started to overhaul my setup a while ago, as it sucked. Now, It is a good setup really, but just not quite good enough .

I have 3 guitars; a Warlock for metal, a SG for Rock, and a Tele for clean/blues fun. I have a nice little pedal board consisting of a Digitech Hothead, a Digitech Death Metal, and a Zoom G2.1U multi effects. I like versatility, you see, so this rig is pretty good.

But currently, I am after a nice amp to complete it. I value versatility, so I'm looking into a Vox AD50VT.

Then I'll have all I need: Guitars for the occaision, pedals for the occaision (amp effects are usually crap), amp for the occaision (incase I cant use pedals for whatever reason), a little practice amp for jamming with freinds, a good multi FX for if I need to travel light, all that. Any circumstance.
Quote by mynamewontfit
I hate my gear:

Ibanez EDR170 - possibly the worst ibanez ever - weird resin body and a non locking trem so its always out of tune. Neck is ok though, but for the money I could have got much better.

Fender FM212R - laaaaaaame. Big, loud, cheap, and the cleans are probably above average, but its just crap. Was supposed to be an upgrade, but keeps the practice amp sound and makes it louder. The distorion is appalling, which made me buy a...

Boss MT-2 - meh, its OK. Everyone here seems to either love it or hate it, I just think its mediocre.

But my ENGL is here, I'm just waiting for my birthday so I can use it

.... have you been trying the stuff out before buying it?
Quote by Exploited
im semi-happy, i have

a 4 year old aria strat copy which is falling apart, its ok cause just the screws need to be adjusted from time to time

im not happy with my 15 watt marshall, the sound just kind of died overtime

i happy with my yamaha acoustic, great guitar for the price

and i love my squire bass, ive had it for 2 years now and all i had to fix was to put on new strings

If i were you id invest in a decent amp before buy anything else.

Also yes Yamaha Acoustics are very good, but i have a really old one, bout 20 years ago my grandfather bought it, the action is hard as hell! I cant barre past thr 5th fret. Good sound though
I like my gear a lot, but I believe that when you really get into something, in this case guitar, you're always looking forward to upgrading and changing what you have. My guitar is very nice and has not let me down, my amp provides me pretty much with all I need, but of course i'm already looking to upgrade, but overall i'm pretty happy with my gear
Schecter HotRod '39
Epiphone 1956 Gothic Flying V

Crate FTX120

Im content with my gear at the moment

Pretty soon im gonna go halfs with my friend so can get the same amp he has so we can get a similar sound onstage
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Fuck yes. I have gear most of you n00bs would cream yourselves over
Hi, I'm Peter
ouchies. ^

i like mine too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I have:
Fender Mexican Strat
Peavey Guitar
Cheap Lotus Strat with no strings
Classical Guitar
Fender Princeton Tube 12 watts
Cheap 10 watt Squire Amp
Digitech RP80
DOD Delay Pedal
Cheap Wah Pedal

I'm pretty happy with what I have now. I'd like to sell some of my junk stuff for a little cash though.
Page 1 of 2