Hey all, I am proud to introduce the Favorite Recipe Thread. I have no idea if it has been done before and I don't care. This is a thread where people can share their old, traiditional recipes (or new ones) to other UG Community members and, in turn, reference to other people's as well. You can think of it as UG's Community cook book. Please type what ever you would like to share.. whether it be a secret family recipe, an exotic margarita, a special appetizer, or a delicious desert. Just remember, please include the ingredients and a brief explanation on the cooking and mixing procedures.

Have Fun!!

Here's one for starters and one of my all time favorites:

Chocolate Chip Cookies (Toll House Preferably)

Ingredients:

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.)
1 cup chopped nuts

Baking/Mixing:

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Last edited by Carnivean at Jun 19, 2006,
sorry, no recipes from me..but i have to say, this is one of the best threads i have seen for a LONG TIME. Hope it Lasts and kudos you Carnivean.
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
hahaha sweeeeeet

i got a good recipe too; too lazy to put it though.
If you know of one that you like, just look it up quick on the net, and copy and paste the recipe that is closest to the one that you usually use. Simple. Remember.. it's all about sharin' the good stuff .
Quote by Overlord
How would you make a good omelette?

[Could become a request thread... ]
---------------
VOX AD30VT
BOSS GT8

Want to build a Jackson, to be fairly freaking honest.

Quote by Kanthras
Put some crap in the hole, like something sticky. And liquid-ish.
deviantART: Click Here
My own recipe is really simple, but works really well, is quick, and not too bad health wise (Just dont go trying to kiss anyone afterwards)

Chicken breast fillet
Soy sauce
Fresh Garlic
Fresh Chili
Red Pepper
Little bit of Butter/Oil

Really simple, you can do it two ways- cut and cook the chicken then add the ingredients to make a sauce, or prepare the other ingredients before, allow to reduce for a minute, then cook the chicken in one piece- basically searing it, but not quite, if you get what i mean. Depending on how much of each ingredient you add, you can easily recreate the kind of flavour you get in a chinese resterant/take away.

Serve it with anything- Potato (fresh or mashed), toast/warm crusty bread/ rice (this is best with the "semi-searing" method).
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Here's one for an ommlette that I think is pretty tasty, I use the same ingredients as this recipe displays:

Ingredients:

4 large eggs
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
1/2 cup diced cooked ham
8 slices cooked bacon, drained and crumbled
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
a couple drops of your favorite hot sauce (optional)

Baking/Mixing:

1. Melt butter in a large skillet or on a griddle.
2. Saute onion, bell pepper, ham and bacon in the butter until the onion starts to become opaque.
3. In a small bowl, whip the eggs lightly. Add salt and pepper and hot sauce if desired.
4. Slowly, stir the eggs into mixture in skillet.
5. Lightly brown on one side.
6. Turn over and lightly brown other side.

Also, I use chopped tomatoes as well and mix that in, makes for a hearty breakfast or a nice dinner.

This is the all-famous Denver Omllette. Actually where I live
Quote by Overlord
I believe "UG's Chef" should be the dedicated title for you.
---------------
VOX AD30VT
BOSS GT8

Want to build a Jackson, to be fairly freaking honest.

Quote by Kanthras
Put some crap in the hole, like something sticky. And liquid-ish.
deviantART: Click Here
Heh.. I'm sure someone has already got that already .. no doubt
Quote by Overlord
this ones called: Happy Woman

you get the rest.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
My nipples. WHAT ARE THEY FOR?!?!?!?!
Quote by nick dixon
Put your penis in a raging hot fire, that should melt the bottle off
Quote by Leonheart
4e574e57363g, despite your first post on a thread almost always being PWNT you kickass.
Bumpppp.... comon guys. Post some recipes here, it takes 5 seconds. Plus it is the holidays!!
Quote by Overlord
I've been toying around with this one for a while, my friend's mom did it and it was amazing.

Melt some butter and golden syrup/honey together(I'm not sure of the ratio, still working on it, but I think more syrup than butter)
Pour in some oats, mix up, and have enough oats so that there's no butter mix flowing, but not too dry.
Pour into a baking tray/tin foil and bake at 180C - 210C until golden brown.

It's also fine to put some weed in the butter. Might post the recipe for weed butter if people are interested.
10 minute sushi:

ingredients:

-money
-car
-pants
-an identical address to mine

Process:

-Drive to the sushi bar 5 minutes away
-Order sushi
-wait 5 minutes
-get sushi, apply soy sauce
-shovel into pie-hole
Last edited by SeveralSpecies at Dec 30, 2008,
my chilli is the ****ing beast!!!!!!!! but secret recipie so you know
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Peanut Butter and Jam Toast.

Two pieces of bread.
-Toast until desired.
Jar of Peanut Butter
-Spread desired amount on piece of bread.
Jar of Jam
-Spread desired amount on piece of bread
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by IndieLee
I believe "UG's Chef" should be the dedicated title for you.

*points at usertitle and sig*
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo