I'm think of getting a new amp and right now I'm considering a THD Flexi or BiValve or a Traynor YBA-1. Harmony-Central seems to like them but I haven't heard much about them from here. Has anyone tried either? Experiences please.
The traynor hasn't even come out yet, so nobody can help you there. The bivalve is quite nice but the cleans aren't the best and it can get tinny at high volumes. Haven't tried the flexi.
The Genz Benz is probably the best amp ive ever played.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Quote by Roc8995
The traynor hasn't even come out yet, so nobody can help you there. The bivalve is quite nice but the cleans aren't the best and it can get tinny at high volumes. Haven't tried the flexi.

The Traynor has been out since like 1970. It was pretty much the amp if you were in Toronto in the 70's. And I'm most interested in the cleans so I appreciate the help

Edit:
Quote by SG6578
The Genz Benz is probably the best amp ive ever played.

This is completely unrelated, did you just read the title?
Bivalve is more marshall-esque sound and tubes you can swap when ever you want, of any type. You can get a special deal on one from avatar if you buy it with a cab.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
you'll get more people who have tried the expensive amps like THDs over at the harmony central forums, it seems to be more of a "gear connisseurs" (sp?!!!!) hangout. i would have though the cleans and headroom on the bivalve would depend entirely on the type (and qulaity, age etc) of the valves you put in it, but having (unfortunately) never played one i can't give any concrete advice
"Anytime but now
Anywhere but here
Anyone but me
I've got to think about my own life
The world is not our facility
We have a responsibility
To use our abilities to keep this place alive," said ian mackaye
we never talk about THD, because most people are after either metal amps, or cheap classic rock/blues amps. if anyone wanted a classic rock for a grand or so, i usually try and mention THD

i think they're great amps and i loved the one i tried at guitar center. great for low/mid gain stuff. i think it was the bi-valve but i don't remember. it's definatly built for dirty sounds, as is the flexi 50.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
The Flexi sounds like a Plexi..imagine that..i a/b'ed one a a guitar shop up the road and yeh its virtually the same with more clarity, less breakup in the early turns of the preamp controll...good amp, not a marshall now mind you but a great amp none the less
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Quote by joyful womble
you'll get better answers at the harmony central forums

+1
About the BiValve:

Great blues/classic rock amp.

The clean channel can either sound thin or hot to you, depending on your tastes. I personally think it has a hot agressive sound which is great for electric blues or texas blues kinda stuff.

The overdrive, like everyone said, is very Marshall-esque. Decent cranked tones with the built in attenuator, but you'll have to take the attenuator out of the loop if you really wanna hear it. (that's why they gave you the switch after all)

All in all, it's a very dynamic and responsive amp, definatly worth it's price tag IMO. (If you like the tone)

BTW, a crappy guitar will show through this amp. If you have a cheap guitar, it won't sound bad, but you'll know it's a cheap guitar.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock