Page 1 of 2
That was pathetic. You've been playing for almost a year and can't play Teen Spirit. Play with a backing track or something, maybe it will hide the ****tyness of your tone too.
The verse, it is horrible, off time. You are also supposed to let it ring...

^Edit: A year and he still has a frontman
Quote by FenderJTx
That was pathetic. You've been playing for almost a year and can't play Teen Spirit. Play with a backing track or something, maybe it will hide the ****tyness of your tone too.

I can't help the tone.
Quote by hourglass666

Are you kidding? I don't have much money what am I supposed to do about that? You're a ****ing joke. 8 months isn't a year either.

Someone have a backing track I could DL?
^ Yeah, I know...

Edit: 3 months into playing I got a Peavey Studio Pro 112... still using it to this current day but have upgraded my gear a lot. 5 months into playing, I could play Green Day - American Idiot and sing at the same time for the school talent show with no flaws.
It was the first time I recorded it. I obviously need a backing track.. do you have one? If I have a backing track I'd improve it, but insulting me because I can't afford a more expensive amp is bull****.
need to work on ur timing bud, intro is kinda jerky, verse is outta time.
School children washing cars for charity, is there anything more arousing?
No offence but when covering songs i wish people would learn properly i.e. not adding crappy sounding harmonics in the main riff, changing the strumming patterns as they see fit and half beat pauses between all riff changes.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Cradle of Filth is gay, and you are absolutely, positively not allowed to be gay in black metal.

It's kind of like being black in Alabama. Don't do it.
Someone please give me a backing track, I know it's not hard to play correctly, I just did the timing entirely wrong, so does someone have a backing track I could use?
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Cradle of Filth is gay, and you are absolutely, positively not allowed to be gay in black metal.

Quote by hourglass666

Elitist douchebag. Not everyones got money.
Yeah i gotta agree with that, I don't like people who play for half a year once a week and have an Gibson LP and Marshall stack (And yeah, they exist i know for a fact)
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

Quote by xluc1f3rx
Yeah i gotta agree with that, I don't like people who play for half a year once a week and have an Gibson LP and Marshall stack (And yeah, they exist i know for a fact)

Thank you. I play every day, and I do better **** than Nirvana, but everyone covers it so I gave it a whirl and recorded my first try. I didn't think people would jump on my ass about not having rich-boy equipment, which has nothing to do with liking music.
Last edited by The way to hate at Jun 19, 2006,
Gosh, you guys are just the most delightful bunch of people aren't you? It wasn't too bad, keep at it, and don't let these jackasses discourage you, just keep practicing and see if you cant tighten up the verses and the solo etc, you're doing fine.
What Comes Before Part B? Partaaaaay!

Quote by HammettHead
lmao psykopoo ur a bloody genius!
Quote by hourglass666
^ Yeah, I know...

Edit: 3 months into playing I got a Peavey Studio Pro 112... still using it to this current day but have upgraded my gear a lot. 5 months into playing, I could play Green Day - American Idiot and sing at the same time for the school talent show with no flaws.

You're bragging about playing Greenday? And bragging about what equipment you bought? You're a ****ing loser. Greenday is retardedly easy, like I said, I know most people start off learning Nirvana and such, but I learned the song and recorded it the first time I played it through. That would be why I can play Seek and Destroy better than I can play Smells Like Teen Spirit, you elitist asshole.
Quote by FenderJTx
He was saying your tone sucks dick, you wanted crits... you got them.

I know my tone sucks dick. The timing is off and I'm fine with that crit. But making fun of someone for not having the cash for a nice amp, which has nothing to do with their playing, is completely ridiculous.
hey man, everything is good except a few timing errors, but other than the intro part everything seems perfect. People are just dumbasses because they know they can't play as well as me...

keep up the good work, where's your seek and destroy cover i wanna hear it
FIJI
Quote by ShizNick
hey man, everything is good except a few timing errors, but other than the intro part everything seems perfect. People are just dumbasses because they know they can't play as well as me...

keep up the good work, where's your seek and destroy cover i wanna hear it

Its at the bottom of the dmusic page. The playing is pretty good, the tone is terrible though, its through an MG10
I really don't mean to come off as an ass (outta cigarettes.. ). So I apologize for the rude remarks. But anyway, maybe play it with less distortion or something and repost it with a backing track... I'm sure it'll sound heaps better.
Me, a ****ing douche? Rich boy? **** NO. I have a Yamaha RGX320FZ which is scratched to hell. My gear is only a,

Peavy Studio Pro 112
Boss MT-2
and my Yamaha.

That rich boy stuff for ya?

Edit: I hate Fenders (Besides the John5) and Epiphones and Gibsons and all that **** so dont even bother telling me off because you "think" I own a $2000 Gibby. But seriously, a frontman still, that is like a practise amp. No mean to hurt you but yeah...
Last edited by hourglass666 at Jun 19, 2006,
Quote by hourglass666
Me, a ****ing douche? Rich boy? **** NO. I have a Yamaha RGX320FZ which is scratched to hell. My gear is only a,

Peavy Studio Pro 112
Boss MT-2
and my Yamaha.

Edit: I hate Fenders (Besides the John5) and Epiphones and Gibsons and all that **** so dont even bother telling me off because you "think" I own a $2000 Gibby. But seriously, a frontman still, that is like a practise amp. No mean to hurt you but yeah...

I know it's a practice amp, but again your amp is 1000 x better then mine but it doesn't mean you can make fun of me for mine. If I had money I'd OBVIOUSLY replace it.
Quote by hourglass666
But seriously, a frontman still, that is like a practise amp. No mean to hurt you but yeah...

So what if it's a practice amp? I've had my Line 6 Spider 15 for a year and a half, ever since I started, and it's served it's purpose. For Practicing. I doubt the threadstarter bought his frontman to play stadium concerts and studio recording sessions.

And to the threadstarter, if it is such an easy song, why not at least record more than one take before posting it?
Last edited by GardenGnome26 at Jun 19, 2006,
Quote by GardenGnome26
So what if it's a practice amp? I've had my Line 6 Spider 15 for a year and a half, ever since I started, and it's served it's purpose. For Practicing. I doubt the threadstarter bought his frontman to play stadium concerts.

And to the threadstarter, if it is such an easy song, why not at least record more than one take before posting it?

I didn't realize it was that bad when I first posted it. I don't like the song much and recorded it just for the sake of doing it. I will probably re-do it some time.
Quote by hourglass666

Peavy Studio Pro 112
Boss MT-2
and my Yamaha.

Too late man, you've already shown your true colors...the color of douche. Next time try to be more constructive with your feed back.
I buy new stuff every chance I get, with my OWN money. that I work HARD for....

painting....

pretty pink colors....

FIJI
Did you delete it off of your dmusic account? I wanted to hear it. :[
My Gear:
  • Baby Blue Fender MexiStrat
  • Vox AD30VT

MikeLikes2Rock, I tried your idea, Genius!

Yeah, I'm a genius.
wow, i dont think i ever heard this song covered before!!

wow!!!..... dude i remember, when i dident even play guitar my cousin taught me how to do this.. and it sounds better than this dude.. but keep praticing dude, most of the people critizing you probably suck anyway =)
Quote by BassSurfer
wow, i dont think i ever heard this song covered before!!

wow!!!..... dude i remember, when i dident even play guitar my cousin taught me how to do this.. and it sounds better than this dude.. but keep praticing dude, most of the people critizing you probably suck anyway =)

Its funny that the song hasn't been up for over 3 hours and you say this? Hahah, way to lie based on other peoples posts. I don't suck, I just recorded the first attempt at this song because everyone covers it so I gave it a whirl.
Quote by hourglass666
^ Yeah, I know...

www.myspace.com/secretstashrocks

I can play american idiot and sing too. But mine is harder as I have the added concentration on not laughing. Whoopdy ****
30w crate
Epi sg
Fretless yamaha pacifica

Being poor rules.
Quote by .I.T.
www.myspace.com/secretstashrocks

I can play american idiot and sing too. But mine is harder as I have the added concentration on not laughing. Whoopdy ****

But 5 months into playing, and to Gardengnome26, the line 6, 15 watt is amazingly better then the frontman.
i didnt even see it on the page
My Gear
Fender Jagstang
Squier Strat
Crate 120w 212XR
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender DG-100 Aucoustic
Okay to what like everyone's said:

I could play American Idiot and sing within about a month; and what I found funny was the guy who posted the Myspace link couldn't even play the riff well each time (listen to the main riff, the third time it's played he screws up).

Next, threadstarter said that Green Day songs are ridiculously easy to play, yet here he is playing a song much easier than any Green Day song I've learned to play and by the sounds of it he's screwed it up quite well (I haven't heard, I'm going by what other people have said; but it sure sounds bad).

Third; threadstarter complained about amp and tone, I have a similar style amp (10W practice one) and I got complimented for my tone on a cover I did and put on here. You fiddle with the knobs on the front of the amp and use the pickup selector/tone knobs on your guitar to find a suitable tone.

Yeah, this whole thread seems to have become quite ridiculous; ah well. Wish I could've heard the cover though.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by JamieB
Okay to what like everyone's said:

I could play American Idiot and sing within about a month; and what I found funny was the guy who posted the Myspace link couldn't even play the riff well each time (listen to the main riff, the third time it's played he screws up).

Next, threadstarter said that Green Day songs are ridiculously easy to play, yet here he is playing a song much easier than any Green Day song I've learned to play and by the sounds of it he's screwed it up quite well (I haven't heard, I'm going by what other people have said; but it sure sounds bad).

Third; threadstarter complained about amp and tone, I have a similar style amp (10W practice one) and I got complimented for my tone on a cover I did and put on here. You fiddle with the knobs on the front of the amp and use the pickup selector/tone knobs on your guitar to find a suitable tone.

Yeah, this whole thread seems to have become quite ridiculous; ah well. Wish I could've heard the cover though.

My tone comes through horribly due to my socom 2 headset used to record.
This thread should be closed unless you want to put the cover back on the site because there's nothing left to crit and this has turned into one big pointless argument about whether or not the threadstarter sucks.
My Gear:
  • Baby Blue Fender MexiStrat
  • Vox AD30VT

MikeLikes2Rock, I tried your idea, Genius!

Yeah, I'm a genius.
Page 1 of 2