i have a great deal on this amp, and i want to know if anyone has info on what kind of quality it is, and if its just a good head in general. any help would be greatly appreaciated.
i would rather staple my own hands to a train, than pray on knees that judge and blame.
Buy it. I have the baby of that, the 400RB, and oh sweet jesus does it rock. someone here as the 1001, but i am sure they will tell you the same. the GK is a serious piece of kit, my friend. i much prefer to ampegs or any of those as you can shape your tone much more. they dont sound like anything, you create your sound. ampegs sound like ampegs to me
so, being offered the older version for 350-450 is a good deal im guessing?
i would rather staple my own hands to a train, than pray on knees that judge and blame.
Quote by zeldar
so, being offered the older version for 350-450 is a good deal im guessing?

Which currency?
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
usd
ah damn, i didnt get it. damn ebay. i'm now in the process of purchasing a 400rb, over ebay. i have played the amp before, and i liked it, any comments on its long term or sound quality?
WAIT:

BEFORE YOU BUY:
Serious reliablity issue. Is it the GK 1001RB-II??

If it is not, than stay away. The Mark One's have been known to have absolutley horrible reliability issues. People would buy them and they'd break after a month.

EDIT: well, I read the first post in this thread and hopped on down to post. Good move. You just saved yourself some money. The 400RB is a great amp. Not as much head room as the 700 or the 1001, but it has a much more versatile tone.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Last edited by Incubus_SCIENCE at Jun 20, 2006,
WAIT:

BEFORE YOU BUY:
Serious reliablity issue. Is it the GK 1001RB-II??

If it is not, than stay away. The Mark One's have been known to have absolutley horrible reliability issues. People would buy them and they'd break after a month.

EDIT: well, I read the first post in this thread and hopped on down to post. Good move. You just saved yourself some money. The 400RB is a great amp. Not as much head room as the 700 or the 1001, but it has a much more versatile tone.

im heading over to guitar center today, with my lovely sr505, to play it, because im almost certain they have it. I'll tell yall if ebay loves me this time, in 3 days.

also, a question on cabs, if the cab is rated to 1,200 watts, and i put a 300 watt amp into it, will it not be loud at all, or be just as loud as a 300 rated cab with 300 watts through it?
zeldar, thats not fair...

of course the amps gonna sound great with a SR505

joking of course i made a squier sound good thru a GK stack tho... just fyi.
Quote by mangablade
zeldar, thats not fair...

of course the amps gonna sound great with a SR505

joking of course i made a squier sound good thru a GK stack tho... just fyi.

heh, but of course
I have a 1001 and an SR505... awsome combination. As for cabs, it won't sound quiet. It will just sound like a 300 watt paired with a 300 watt. Just make sure they have the same impedence (2, 4, or 8 ohms).

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.