Page 1 of 2
Seriously, I want to know who's the best here.

To prove it, record your personal BEST song and post it here. It doesn't count if you're dip ****tingly trying to play a steve vai song, it can be whatever you want, as long as the licks are faster than hell and your fingers burn after you play it.

Let's see who's the best here eh?

Currently in Contest:

Me! http://shizzle.dmusic.com/

Post you're recording here and i'll put it in the list! then we'll all vote and smoke weed.
FIJI
Last edited by ShizNick at Jun 20, 2006,
I think you mean fastest. Also, this'd have to be a video to prove that it's actually the UG user who's playing it.

And they'd have to mention something about this contest in the video.

Anyways, I'm not partaking in this game. I'm not that vain.
Quote by the_astronaut
Fast does not equal best though.

true, very true. I just like fast solos

I just really want to see who is the best guitarist here, that's all
FIJI
Quote by yawn
I think you mean fastest. Also, this'd have to be a video to prove that it's actually the UG user who's playing it.

thats true, thats prob the biggest problem cause u dont know if its really the UG user in the recording but also not everyone can make a video...
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Quote by yawn

And they'd have to mention something about this contest in the video.

Anyways, I'm not partaking in this game. I'm not that shallow.

yeah let's do that, see who's the fastest player.. too bad i dont have a webcam... how can i record something and prove its actually me?
FIJI
say its you and about this contest thing. does it matter that much if its not. At least we get to hear a sweet guitar lick if its not eh?
Quote by ShizNick
yeah let's do that, see who's the fastest player.. too bad i dont have a webcam... how can i record something and prove its actually me?
I suppose you could mention the "contest" in an audio, though it'd be easy for anyone to record them saying that in a previously-recorded song.
Quote by Guitaraphone06
thats true, thats prob the biggest problem cause u dont know if its really the UG user in the recording but also not everyone can make a video...

maybe.. before you play state your name and your UG ID while you're playing just like a chord, then go right into the solo so you can't like crop and paste
FIJI
Quote by yawn
I suppose you could mention the "contest" in an audio, though it'd be easy for anyone to record them saying that in a previously-recorded song.

Let's just get some recordings in here and see whats up. I think we'll have an idea if someone cheated if they're playing something way above their capabilities don't you think?
FIJI
if you're smart you'd overlap the tracks...but does anyone care enough to fight about it on an online "contest"....I BEAT A BUNCH OF PEOPLE I DONT EVEN KNOW, YAY FOR CHEATING. NOW SOMEONE THINKS IM GOOD...i think?
yeah if you cheat you have no friends.

i'm going to record mine now...
FIJI
does someone have aim that i can send my solo to? and they can put it on a website
all the websites i post music on are not working because I need to fix my computer.

anyone?
FIJI
Yea i think the best thing would be to just state ur UG Id, I mean, someone must have no life if they go through the process of cutting and pasting....
Edit: ^ You can send it to me, Ill pm u my aim
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Ugh, sorry that took so long Shiznick, Here is ShizNick's recording, http://shizzle.dmusic.com/
I thought it was pretty damn good man!
haha thanks, it was sloppy tho, if i wasn't so tired and i was warmed up i could probably play faster and cleaner..

thanks tho!
FIJI
anytime man, i can prob get a recording up by tom
that's cool, let's try to get a bunch of recordings in here... and when i see them i'll edit my original post and put them in there...

by the way, in my recording, did you like when i suddenly went into hot for teacher? hahaha
FIJI
shiznick: that was very fast playing skillful even, .but fast does not equal best. that sounded terrible
Quote by NeptuneUK
shiznick: that was very fast playing skillful even, .but fast does not equal best. that sounded terrible

my solo sounded terrible ?

I know fast does not equal best, so i was saying who is the fastest.. i'll change the thread title
FIJI
Quote by slash-120
was there anything in the rules about using other songs, cause i spotted about three van-halen licks in there

yeah you can do anything you want...

cuz i kinda started off with eruption then ended with hot for teacher haha... and i had a metallica - ...and justice for all solo riff in there too...
FIJI
lol... you know the best aren't going to participate in this right?
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
lol... you know the best aren't going to participate in this right?

my thoughts exactly, dread.
Il post up a video of me soon. Ive only got a les paul at the moment and well it doesnt sound good for fast playing but i'll have an Ibanez soon. Be ready!
Fastest eh. Im obviously not but heres something I recorded a while ago, its purely about the speed. I play it once slow, and then again a bit faster.

check it
It seems alot of people agree that playing fast does not equal talent. That is a valid statement but speed is definately an element of talent so in reality it makes you appear jealous (EVEN THOUGH YOURE PROBABLY NOT). I believe in order to possess true talent you must be balanced in all aspects of playing (speed, skills, emotion, etc...) This might mean having 10 seconds of blistering speed thrown into a piece thats otherwise completely slow, simply to add the emotion and intensity you wish to express. Basically, I dont think anyone who has become skilled in a single aspect of guitar has talent, as with life itself, there must be a balance.
Quote by yawn
Anyways, I'm not partaking in this game. I'm not that vain.

Im sorry, I know its meant to be sarcastic but with an avatar like that... I guess I didnt expect to hear that from you...

im jk
I can do this rediculously fast but rediculously easy fret tapping lick where I hammer on three frets in a row with my fretting hand then tap three frets in a row with my picking hand, then go up all the strings doing the same thing...but I would never use it in a solo because it sounds crappy. Any talentless moron can play "fast"; being talented means you can play "well". If you can play fast, but not clean and not in rhythm, youre not playing well. Technical proficiency is only important in that it reduces your limitations; you should only play fast when it fits the music, not as a gratuitous and desperate display of how talented you think you are. Speed isn't a sure sign of skill, but merely a coincidental effect of skill.
I would throw my crappy fret tapping lick in the "contest", as it is a contest of speed not skill...but I don't have a mic or recording software but if you understood my description of it, you can probably play it yourself just as fast as me
Last edited by poopikins at Jun 23, 2006,
Quote by Rapid Fire
This might mean having 10 seconds of blistering speed thrown into a piece thats otherwise completely slow, simply to add the emotion and intensity you wish to express

Quote by poopikins
you should only play fast when it fits the music, not as a gratuitous and desperate display of how talented you think you are.

If someone is unable to play fast when neccessary, they lack talent just as someone who is unable to play with 'feel' does. just a thought..
you've got some serious hand speed, probably a bit faster than me. I'm more into emotional smooth solo's, some of mine get quite fast.

http://libito.dmusic.com

pretty much all of my **** is guitar oriented, but i've heard some pretty incredible guitarists on this website
Last edited by Peaceful Rocker at Jun 24, 2006,
Quote by ShizNick
haha thanks, it was sloppy tho, if i wasn't so tired and i was warmed up i could probably play faster and cleaner..

thanks tho!

Then hwhy the **** wouldnt you wait until you werent tired and warmed up? Dont give lame excuses.
Page 1 of 2