http://www.purevolume.com/nobusforharold

We are only 12, 14 and 15. We have been a band 2 months and just started. We recorded in the basement of the singers house. He has been singing for 4 months now and is practicing so don't go to hard on him. Haha, well anyways peace out! Crit 4 Crit as well. Oh and I'm the bassist
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Bass Master 200 Watt bass amp
its ok. Not the best recording but then again, dont think you have the access to anything much better than the basement. You're pretty good for starting out like that. Vocals need work though. Instruments help, but vocals make the band. If you cant sing, people stop listening
Quote by CanadaHckyDude
its ok. Not the best recording but then again, dont think you have the access to anything much better than the basement. You're pretty good for starting out like that. Vocals need work though. Instruments help, but vocals make the band. If you cant sing, people stop listening
Thanks for the advice. We really appreciate it a lot. Yeah the vocalist is working on it, and he is starting to get better. He finds that he is holding back a lot but he is trying not to. Any tips for him on how to not hold back so much?
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
nope, i dont sing myself. But his voice seems kinda airy. needs to be heard more. Idk how to explain it. If you listen you'll kinda get what im saying. Needs to stand out a bit more. pretty much. Smack him if he's holding back haha. see how it goes when he doesnt.
Quote by CanadaHckyDude
nope, i dont sing myself. But his voice seems kinda airy. needs to be heard more. Idk how to explain it. If you listen you'll kinda get what im saying. Needs to stand out a bit more. pretty much. Smack him if he's holding back haha. see how it goes when he doesnt.

I will definatly make sure to give him the help he needs. That's why I came here
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Quote by CanadaHckyDude
how long you been playing for/ what instrument?

I've been playing guitar for a little while but in the band I play bass. I've been playing about 5 months now. The drummer has been play 2 years and the guitarist has been playing for 1.
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Quote by CanadaHckyDude
who sings? guitarist?

Yeah! Me and Brandon do backing vocals.
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Hey guys, that is impressive. For a basement recording and being youngster, it's really good!

The singer does a good job for only singing 4 months... he holds his vocal cords really well. He should start working on tightening the chest muscles and singing through his throat to give some diversity. Over all, really good guys... Keep up the good work!

Crit 4 Crit https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377659
Quote by Chazzy29
Hey guys, that is impressive. For a basement recording and being youngster, it's really good!

The singer does a good job for only singing 4 months... he holds his vocal cords really well. He should start working on tightening the chest muscles and singing through his throat to give some diversity. Over all, really good guys... Keep up the good work!

Crit 4 Crit https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377659
Thanks for that man. I will be sure to check out yours tommorow as I have exams now and I don't have any more time on the computer. Peace!
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
im definetely very impressed. for your guys age, thats pretty good. you seem to have captured the punk rock feel. maybe try and make some more difficult riffs for the guitarist, or maybe a cool little bass solo. my big thing for you guys is try not to be predictable.

and im pretty sure you know the recording quality is bad.

so keep at it. make about 4 songs and start doing a lot of shows.
Considering how young you guys are, you work together pretty well. If you keep it up I think you could get pretty good. The singing needs work (obviously) and the guitar could use a bit more variation but youre off to a good start!
Thanks for all of the good replys i am the lead singer/ lead guitarist for no bus for harold so any comments, questions or tips are appreciated
Quote by CanadaHckyDude

vocals dont make a band... have u ever listened to jimi hendrix are u telling me hes a good singer hes mediocra at best? or SRV who sang in almost none of his songs, even though his voice was okay, he barely used it, he just wanted to hear the music, and that what most of his good fans wanted to hear.

Its totally dependant on the type of the music.

Heres you singers problem right here, hes afraid to change his vocal register. He needs to feel comfortable exploring higher. Changing registers, and putting emotion in. Emotion is SO important in vocals. and BREATHE, do get all anxious, youre singing not talking, breathe, and dont be afraid of what its going to sound like at first, youll get a feeling for what it will feel like in each range