So Ive been big into Sabbath lately, but when I try to play it on my MIM Strat it just sounds to thin. Bc I went to the settings thread and the Iommi one just doesnt work. So my question is how can i re create the black sabbath thick wall of sound with a strat. What pedals, effects, or amp settings do I need?

I have a MIM Strat with a Peavey Classic 30.

anything at all would be helpful man, thanks.
you can't....go buy a humbucker equiped guitar.

the single coils are never gonna give you the sound you want. if they could what would be the point of humbuckers?

the only thing i can think that you can do is up the distortion...
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
yea, strats and sabbath don't mix, look into buying a humbucker for your bridge position
you can come fairly close by using your neck pickup. turn the tone to zero. and on your amp, turn the high and the mid to 9 and the bass (low) to about 2. and crank the distortion. my strat has vintage noiseless pickups so my sound is probly different, but give it a try. oh yes, and some reverb
actually tony iommi used p-90s a lot... i mean what are you doing... in a band covering sabbath tunes, or jamming out to some sabbath in your room? if its the latter of course you can play it on a strat. I'll try to find a good example of a sabbath tune with a good p90 sound

check out cornucopia definatly p90's or some other single coil
Guitars: Les paul standard faded(wcr crossroad pickups), SG special(wcr crossroads) Roadhouse strat, G&L ASAT, Mahogany Strat (P90 and SD JB)

Amps: Vox AC-15 w/celestion blue, Vox AC-4tv, Orange tiny terror head, Ampeg Reverberrocket.
Last edited by Wylde at Jun 19, 2006,
Quote by Playdoh14
So Ive been big into Sabbath lately, but when I try to play it on my MIM Strat it just sounds to thin. Bc I went to the settings thread and the Iommi one just doesnt work. So my question is how can i re create the black sabbath thick wall of sound with a strat. What pedals, effects, or amp settings do I need?

I have a MIM Strat with a Peavey Classic 30.

anything at all would be helpful man, thanks.

try buying stacked humbuckers, thats what im going to do...it may not be percfect Sabbath sound..but its worth a shot...and to the guy above me, thats not true, Iommi used a strat whilst creating the song Wicked World...then it crapped out on him and he could never find another left handed strat so he used his Gibson that he was originally just using as a backup guitar..and amp settings im not positive of...i have the ones for Paranoid and thats it...but they would all be kinda based around the ssame setting for most the heavy riffs..and pedals i dunno

EDIT by guy above me i meant the first guy to answer
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

try using the 2nd or 4th postition on the switch
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
You should try something like the Big Muff to get that thickness. I have one and with a Strat I was having a ball playing "Fairies Wear Boots" and the verse to "Paranoid". It really hits his tone quite well