Would this be a good tube amp to get on a budget? I might be getting one but ive honestly not heard much about them.

Would it take a pedal well so I could get a more modern rock/metal distortion? (Ex. Boss Metal Zone)

Also, would it be a good idea to get the tubes replaced? If so, where/what should I get?

50W tube seems like it should be plenty loud enough for a band situation so this might be a good amp for me.

thanks for any help
50 watts tube is really loud. You might be better off with a Classic 30, but I couldn't say for sure. I play some decent-sized venues (150-200 people) and the other UGers said the 30 would be enough for me.

If you're going to use a pedal, make it an overdrive pedal (SD-1 or a Tubescreamer) to boost the drive channel (set the pedal's drive low, with the level and gain as high as you feel).

The stock tubes should be fine for when you get them, so just switch out the tubes whenever they start dying on you.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
That is an awesome amp. I know a guy who has one of those and 2 marshall heads with 4x12 cabs, a jcm 900 and 2000. He says he wants to get a Bogner head and cab. I asked how he would afford it and he said he would sell off his marshalls but never his peavey. Those things are actually kind of hard to get so if you can find one, buy it.

50 watts is also very loud. Depending on where and when you are playing, you won't have to turn the volume above 3. My friend has a 40w fender hot rod deluxe and he never turns it up past 2 or 3. He also has neighbors so that might be why.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
how much is the classic 50?

Ive seen them go as low as 375ish USD used for the 4X10
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
wow! 375 cant be right. if it was, i would buy it right away!

Ive only seen one that low though... it was a local seller and a regret not buying it
A Peavey Classic 50 is about $850 new, not sure about eBay. The Classic 30 goes for about $570 new, but you should be able to find them for about $400 on eBay.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Try one out first, see what you think of it, and if you like, buy.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30