so i ran a search in hopes to fine THE BEST noise gate and i wasnt really satisfied with an answer (after reading through for about an hour.)

also if anyone has any advice on which order to put the pedals in, that would help alot. i will give you a lumpkin if you help me.

this is the typical setup.

esp eclipse/gibson les paul----->boss tu-2 tuner----->Boss AC-2 acoustic simulator------>pro co vintage rat/modified krank distortus maximus----->boss ge-7 equalizer----------->boss NS-2 noise supressor------> Marshall Tsl100/Sunn Model T
ma gear

"it's too hard man, don't even try"
-jason becker

"get those flabby fingers in shape"
-rusty cooley
ummm i'm not 100% sure, but most people say the ISP decimator is the best. but get another opinion, i might be wrong
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
i've got the boss one, and it works fine when i'm only running a few pedals, but when i've got the whole setup, it doesnt do ****, and not only that but it eats out my sustain and sucks the tone dry, so i need another suggestion. i've been leaning towards the isp for a while, i just wanted to hear some other opinions first, preferable from people that own and regularly use what they reccomend.
ma gear

-jason becker

-rusty cooley
Find a good rack mount gate, and get rid of those tuners, Eq's, etc. that are on the floor. They're better suited in a rack and won't suck your tone so much. My DBX compressor has a built in gate and it works perfectly fine. You get a decent compressor and gate in one for 150 bucks. The only thing that should be on the floor in my opinion are modulation pedals.
Guitars
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Fender Standard Strat (w SD JB Humbucker in bridge)
Squire Strat
Amps
Marshall TSL 60 Head
1960A Cab
Line 6 Spider II 112
Rack
Korg DT-1 Tuner
DBX Compressor
BBE Sonic Maximizer
sorry to jump into your thread helloassholes(the thread starter not you) but with the iSP can you get harmonics that come out well and feedback if you want it? ive really been thinking about buying it but i want it so basically im playing without a noisegate or noise supressor(so i can get the feedback if i try to) but cut down noise and feedback when i am avoiding it.(holding the strings ect) can it do what i want it to? i dont want the annoying slow rise of the volume.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
That's the beauty of the ISP.....when you want it to feedback, you can, easily....when you want dead silence, that's what it gives you! Totally transparent too!

So its basically the perfect accessory everyone needs. Sounds awsome. Thanks alot ibanez4life i think ill buy one.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
IMO, a must have for any rig that uses high gain distortion.

Yep thats what im going for. Thanks again.
You didnt search very good. ISP decimator get suggested as the best in every gate thread.
someone buy me a decimator

I'll love you forever
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

put your EQ just before the distortion, after the BOSS AC-2
The ISP is amazing but i am actually more a fan of the Rackmounted Rocktron Hush Super C i find it much better
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by TheFluffy
You didnt search very good. ISP decimator get suggested as the best in every gate thread.

That's what I thought These threads are reasonably common, and nothing but the ISP is ever recommended...
Quote by helloassholes
so i ran a search in hopes to fine THE BEST noise gate and i wasnt really satisfied with an answer (after reading through for about an hour.)
T

i didnt say that i didnt find a common answer, i said i wasnt satisfied with an answer. i'm looking into something more of a rackmount maybe.
ma gear

-jason becker

-rusty cooley
ok i just found out they've got a rackmount too. thanks for all the input everyone.
ma gear

-jason becker

-rusty cooley
Quote by helloassholes
i've got the boss one, and it works fine when i'm only running a few pedals, but when i've got the whole setup, it doesnt do ****, and not only that but it eats out my sustain and sucks the tone dry, so i need another suggestion. i've been leaning towards the isp for a while, i just wanted to hear some other opinions first, preferable from people that own and regularly use what they reccomend.

Are you sure you're using it correct? It seems as alot of people don't use it correctly.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!