I have a fender squire showmaster and a roland micro cube. The Roland is really small and i am looking at getting a better quality amp that can give a better sound. I was looking in my local guitar shops and one has a Peavey bandit 112 amp on sale for $399. It is a solid state transtube. Does anyone know if these are any good or if i can get a better amp for the price. I am looking at spending around $500. I am new at guitar and haven't played many amps.
what genres do you play? micro cube is WAY better than a transtube. i wouldn't mind having a micro cube.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
500? Go for a Fender Hot Rod or Blues Deluxe, or maybe a Deluxe Reverb for 600
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

if he was playing blues/classic rock type stuff i'd go witha peavey classic 30 before one of the 2 channel hot rods. cleans are almost even, but the drive on the peavey pwns that off the fender.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
id stay away from the Bandit 112, sounds thin at low gain and muddy/noisy at high gain, u can do a lot better with your $500
What i play most of is rock and some metal. My Roland is the smallest one you can get and it sound ok but i had a friend bring over a 100W amp and even thought it wasn't cranked up it sounded a lot better than mine.
If you play mostly rock, the Classic 30 would suit you if you could get it within your price range. Then a Boss SD-1 would be able to boost you into metal territory. If you can't get a Classic 30, a Valve King might work for you.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
you might like a laney Lc amp, i own the lc15r, its awesome but not too loud, therefore i recomend the lc30, having a bigger speaker i supose it should have more preccence and stuff. the Lc range is the best amps i have ever played, and then the peaveys transtube series.

lc might need a pedal, i use a mt-2 it works fine, i like it more than the sd-1 since the amp is laks some brutal distortion, and the mt-2 gives it an interesting sound, somewaht heavy and hard.
Cast in the name of God ye not guilty