ok im either getting an amp with 50 watts and 1 speaker or 100 watts and 2 speakers... both are tube btw.
will 50 tube watts and 1 speaker be enough to play a small gig without a PA? ive heard that theres no point in 100 watts tube cause its just overkill but i dunno
anything more than 50 watts tube is good for gigging (more watts are more clean headroom if you're into that). More speakers just means better sound dispersion across the room you're playing in, you can hook up an extension cabinet to most amps if its a problem.
yeah id go with the 100 watt but it depends on the price
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
Ibanez IBZ10B amp

Ibanez GAX30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
you recomended the peavey valveking 112 and 212 in anoter one of my post, those are the amps im talking about. didnt wanna just say em and people say "boo they suck" or something lol
anyways, it says on the 212 (100 watter) that u can attach more speakers. on the 112 however, it doesnt say anything. do you know if you can on the 112?
also which do you suggest overall
Quote by Aftter-Forever
umm get the 100 watt!!!
think of it, you wont have to crank it if you ahve a 100 watt

tube amps have the thing the other way around

cranking a tube amp gets some power amp saturation happening which is often something good as far as the sound goes

50w and 100w tube amps would both be ****ing loud

with a 50w you can crank it and get that tone without it being as loud (only 3dB of difference but still...)

though on the other side, 100W tube amps have got higher voltages so they've got a kind of brighter sound to them (50W marshalls vs 100W marshalls)
Depends what you mean by a small gig. I play venues of around 150-200 people, and the 112 amp I use works just fine. Since you're going tube, it's a bad idea to get excess wattage, because tubes sound best at full volume.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
hey man i have a 112 VK and yes it has an output for an extension cab, but you have to remember when you do that the built in speaker is disabled. so yeah there ya go.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
Quote by Quintessence153
Depends what you mean by a small gig. I play venues of around 150-200 people, and the 112 amp I use works just fine. Since you're going tube, it's a bad idea to get excess wattage, because tubes sound best at full volume.

i plan on getting an attenuator though so... i dunno
i could save $180 by getting the 112 but i feel like if i get it ill want the 212
Well if you think that later your gonna regret getting the 112 then its a complete waste of money. Although I think you would be set with the 112, the things loud enough for most gigs. But if your going to regret it later then save up the extra $180, or else you will be wasting alot more. The 212 VK will probably last longer due to not having to crank it to get the same volume, and also will be able to get alot louder than the 112, like kill small children loud.

So I say save up some extra cash and get the 212.
If you're going to get the attenuator with it and you're willing to save up more money, I'd say you should go ahead and get the 212. If you suddenly need to play a larger gig, you're not screwed.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD