Ok, I want a band, I've tried for a long time now, still no band, and I need some advice.

I'm considering getting a bassist that I've worked with before and fought with. Or I can go for a bassist that lives 20 miles away from me and I know little about. However, the one i know little about does have the same music interests as I do. But I'm not sure if he'll even agree to be my bassist. Which would you go for?

And, what's the best way to find a musician? I have placed a poster advertising for both bassist and drummer and haven't got any answers. It may be because of the poster's location. Also, I live in the middle of nowhere (almost), which doesn't help.

If anyone's dealed with similar problems, please help.

It's about time I had a band.
fo shiz son.
i know what you mean.
no one can play worth anything or they live to far away .
and its hard as anything to find a drummer.
thats why i started to learn them.
and i have people asking me to be in there band left and right.
its like im the prettiest playboy bunnny.
Quote by captainhookster
fo shiz son.
i know what you mean.
no one can play worth anything or they live to far away .
and its hard as anything to find a drummer.
thats why i started to learn them.
and i have people asking me to be in there band left and right.
its like im the prettiest playboy bunnny.

So the truth comes out; drummers are the sexiest members of the band, then it's the singer and lead guitar.
i'd say go to some local shows and try to find some people who can play drums or bass.
not everyone will be good but you might find someone.

I say go with the bassist who lives far away cuz if you like the same stuff then it'll be easier to get along, i guess.
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
I had the same problem, my band just had 3 members one singer and two guitarists. If you're really into the music just write the songs anyways. then you can open up acid or pro tools and add a drum track in the ball park of what you're looking for. Then you'll at least have some demos started while you're still looking. what's more is that you could play the stuff for potential band mates which may convince them to join.
Turn's out the kid 20 miles away already has a band. I'm gonna try out the kid i've argued with before and if that doesn't work I'll join the other guy's band.

Thank's SomeDormGuy, I have a drum machine I can use too.