im gonna build a footswitch for my peavey to change channels, so do i need a SPDT or DPDT or what? also how hard would it be to add a reverb switch in there as well. thanks.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
why? its like $30 and i like building that kinda stuff, plus it would be cheaper.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
can anyone tell me?? i want to go buy it right now but i dont know which switch i need.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95

Quote by szekelymihai
Go DPDT. Those are true bypass. Although more expensive, it would be better.

And to get a reverb switch, do you mean to switch the reverb on and off or actual reverb?
1) You'd have to do some modding to the amp to get reverb to switch on and off.
2) You'd have to build a reverb unit (difficult) to get reverb.
There is no true bypass on channel changing, only two wires need to be connected/disconnected, so a spst will do. But I'd use a dpdt and use some LED's too.
These go to eleven...
ok why would i have to mod my amp, becus the factory footswitch has the reverb control on it, and i mean just to turn it on or off. P.S. can someone explain the difference between SPST, SPDT, and DPDT? i know what they stand for but all i know is they get more prongs than others.
thank you
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95

Quote by szekelymihai