some one told me JFETs work well for overdrive pedals, but i have no clue what JFETs are so yeah what are they? thanks
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
JFETS are junction field effect transistors...i only know that from studying electrical stuff at uni..i have no idea what they do or how they are used in guitars though :P

either that or you are talking about a different JFET
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Kill your friend, kill your friend's girlfriend, then kill the person she's cheating on him with. Then rape all three of them, then kill yourself, then rape yourself.

Member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club
oh really? hmm thanks, anyone know anything more than that?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
they're transistors basically

you can use them for various applications, like amplification.

whenever you see something that kinda looks like this symbol in a schematic, it's a JFET:

sorry I couldn't find one in an actual schematic
Last edited by greenbox at Jun 19, 2006,
so if i switched out the regular transistors in my boost for those of the same value it would work better? or do i have the wrong idea? thanks.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95

Quote by szekelymihai
you have the wrong idea.

if you need to use BJT (bipolar junction transistors), you can't just switch them off with JFETs. Although, to be honest, in the linear boost circuit, you actually CAN replace a BJT with an NMOS transistor. Although... it wont' make it sound any better. So I guess you do have the wrong idea. Anyways, JFET's have different operating regions than a BJT, if that makes any sense. Which is why they'll use one over the other in different applications.
thanks
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95

Quote by szekelymihai