Hauf
On the Human Highway
878 IQ
If anyone has acess to Dylan songs, listen to these songs.

Girl from north country

and

Boots of Spanish Leather

They resemble eachother a lot don't they?
Its how you look and how you feel
The Iron Man
Guitaring
3,362 IQ
He has like 44 albums. Your gonna get songs that resemble each other. I dont remember which led zeppelin song, But it uses the same riff as whole lotta love.
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
Floyd93
Goin' Postal
1,176 IQ
There's only so many notes and chords on a guitar. When you've been around as long as Bob Dylan you're going to have a few similarities.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
craigr
458 IQ
Yeah, I think that tends to happen a lot with folk songs, where different people put different lyrics to the same tune. Like Bob said before performing "Blowin' In The Wind" "It much sound like it, the way I do it, but the words are the same; thats the important thing". So I guess that the melody isn't as important as getting the message across.
Hauf
On the Human Highway
878 IQ
Oh yeh no doubt on it will be similar. I was just saying the way he sings it and all resembles eachother almost exactley. I havent been writing all that long and I already have songs that resemble eachother a little.

I just thought it was funny because they sound so much alike.

It's like in some songs I hear by people, with certain chords progressions not frequently used by them I always hear it and think "Hey!, thats from (insert song name here)"
Its how you look and how you feel
Floyd93
Goin' Postal
1,176 IQ
^^Everyone also has a unique style and a lot of original songs are extremely similar to others.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
Jesse Mrau
148 IQ
I always found a similarity in these songs. They are in different keys, but have the same rhyming structure and finger-picking style. Both songs are quite good but my personal favorite out of the two is Boots Of Spanish Leather.
Boots Of Spanish Leather was from The Times They Are A-Changin'.
And Girl Of North Country was on The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan, and a duet with Johnny Cash of this song is on Nashville Skyline.
Last edited by Jesse Mrau at Jun 20, 2006,
Floyd93
Goin' Postal
1,176 IQ
^^ What did you just say? I couldn't understand what you meant very well.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK