I was just wondering how a set of EMGs would sound in a Strat or a Tele. I may be either hotrodding one or making one this summer. I play mostly hard rock but I love me some cleans too. Thanks for any help.
EMGS in a strat....

81 in the bridge and SV's in the Middle and Neck, they have BEAAUTIFUL cleans, but are still powerful, but hen it would be a Fat Strat
for a while there david gilmour had emg S or SA's in his strat...he even had a signature set.

well, lets just say they arent as twangy as a strat...they just arnt as strat-like
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
David Gilmour uses Single coil EMGs in his strats but then again he uses a large rack system to make it sound amazing your best bet is to just get out try them
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Ok I completely forgot to mention that I'm not going for a traditional Strat or Tele. Man I know I'm going to get flamed for this... but I'm going for either a dual humbucker setup or an H-S-H setup.
My friend put some EMGs in his Mexican strat and it sounds pretty good. I think it kind of took away from the single coil type of sound though. At first I thought it sounded good, but then I realized that it doesnt sound like a strat anymore.
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
My friend put some EMGs in his Mexican strat and it sounds pretty good. I think it kind of took away from the single coil type of sound though. At first I thought it sounded good, but then I realized that it doesnt sound like a strat anymore.

That's actually good news. I like the way Strats look and I'm even beginning to get used to how they feel... but I've never really liked the single coil sound.

Yeah... I guess I'm pretty crazy.
Yea I mean his sounds good, its just that if I want to buy a Strat, I want it for its single coil sound. I love the way it feels though.

He did good, because he bought it new for around 300-400 and put EMG single coils in. And a Wilkonson. It feels and sounds great and cost him barely anything for such a nice guitar.
That sounds pretty awesome. I'm doing this whole thing as a backup for my Schecter or to use for alternate tunings and what not. The only thing I don't like about Strats right now is the neck joint... it just feels so huge when I try to reach the high frets. But I'm sure I could get used to that. I thought of a Strat first because they're so easy to hotrod and just flat out look sexy.